1. Russ's Pocket
    Moves
    02 Oct '08 19:48
    Will conditional moves be counted in a persons total move count?
    Also if conditional moves are ever implamented will there be a notifier that player x uses conditional moves?
  2. hirsute rooster
    Moves
    02 Oct '08 22:20
    Originally posted by cheshirecatstevens
    Will conditional moves be counted in a persons total move count?
    Also if conditional moves are ever implamented will there be a notifier that player x uses conditional moves?
    In answer (as it stands)
    The ones that are actioned - yes (the pending ones - No). The actioned moves are made part of the game & therefore your stats once made
    ... and
    No. And I see no reason to change this either. What's the difference in knowing that someone made a move NOW or thought a bit about their response IN ADVANCE?

As a beta-tester I see some situations where this feature is incredibly useful - but most of the time, I'd rather only commit to a move when I have to. I can see it being very handy for going "through the motions" of a certain opening, or nailing a forced mate against a slow player.
  3. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    03 Oct '08 00:10
    I think it would be very helpful for those of us who have heavy game loads, and the next move the opponent is going to make is rather obvious, or forced, so then you can add your response to that move.
    I think it would be a great time saver. I know CC is not suppose to be fast.
    Also having just joined a clan, they usually like to have their games done up as quickly as possible, so an all around good feature.
  4. Gold Coast
    Moves
    06 Oct '08 02:42
    Sometimes the oponent's move is not obvious or forced, just irrelevant to the outcome of the game. This comes up occasionally where a player may stall a game hoping for a timeout win.

It can be difficult to cover all possible conditions in this case.
  5. Standard memberHurricaneConway125
    SUPREMO OF SOMERSET
    SOMERSET
    Moves
    11 Oct '08 19:08
    yeah get this out into circulation ASAP guys!
  6. SubscriberMctayto
    Highlander
    Planet Earth
    Moves
    11 Oct '08 19:55
    Personally I don't give a monkeys if it is ever started. I have been on other sites where this is available but despite some opponents using it I don't and would never intend to.
    The only upside I see is a possible speed up of a game but if you play in a 14/21 league and use this facility more often than not you will still have to wait 14 days for your opponent to move.
  7. Standard memberO Artem O
    ParTizan
    Philadelphia, USA
    Moves
    11 Oct '08 20:05
    i dont know if russ is adding this or not, but i think it will be nice that you can say for the first move as white make this move. and when a tourny starts all moves will be made.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree