1. Standard memberUmbrageOfSnow
    All Bark, No Bite
    Playing percussion
    Moves
    08 Jul '12 18:45
    I've been getting the ad that redirects me to http://www.crackle.com/c/osamutezukasmetropolis/?cmpid=3032

Whenever this comes up, I can't go back. It doesn't open a pop-up, it redirects my RHP page to the URL above. I can't go back and view the source because it redirects me right back off site before I can hit View Source.

I can't reload the page because it keeps redirecting me.

I've been just getting back into the site, and I didn't mind the banner ads or the screen-covering mid-load ads of old, but these new ones are very intrusive. Why the push for more aggressive, annoying ads, and is there any way to get rid of the f***ing Crackle and any other redirects? I'm going to try to find the code with firefox and block out some of these ads, but if that doesn't work, I'm afraid my return to online chess may be short lived.
  2. Standard memberUmbrageOfSnow
    All Bark, No Bite
    Playing percussion
    Moves
    08 Jul '12 18:51
    Figured out how to get the source (disabling all the java and javascript, which makes actually playing chess impossible, btw).

This is what the ad is:
    src="/ads/fastclick_728x90.html">

I have saved the page source from an offending page, if there is anything else you need to know.
  3. SubscriberKewpie
    since 1-Feb-07
    Australia
    Moves
    08 Jul '12 23:59
    Suggest you take this over and add it to Russ's thread in the Help Forum. Thread 146194

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree