1. Standard memberIron Monkey
    Primal Primate
    holiest of holies
    Moves
    21 Jan '08 02:25
    I posted about this in the general forum, and there seemed to be considerable support for the idea:

How about a forum for serious or not so serious discussions about centred on various cultural forms? A forum like, say, sports, but where the discussions are centred on movies, literature, art, music, opera, poetry, philosophy, manga, epicure - whatever floats your boat in a cultural sense? A forum where such things can be discussed away from the mindless inanity here at GF? I have no problem with mindless inanity, but it can get in the way of a serious discussion. It would be different from Debates, because the focus would be on discussion - more of a conversation and a chance to share the things we like and know something about than dispute.
  2. Standard memberStregone
    Daniel
    Napoli, Italia
    Moves
    21 Jan '08 03:59
    Originally posted by Iron Monkey
    I posted about this in the general forum, and there seemed to be considerable support for the idea:

How about a forum for serious or not so serious discussions about centred on various cultural forms? A forum like, say, sports, but where the discussions are centred on movies, literature, art, music, opera, poetry, philosophy, manga, epicure - whatever ...[text shortened]... f a conversation and a chance to share the things we like and know something about than dispute.
    I'm all for serious discussion but the fields you propose are too many for just ONE forum, and forget about sports!
  3. Standard memberIron Monkey
    Primal Primate
    holiest of holies
    Moves
    21 Jan '08 04:09
    Originally posted by Stregone
    I'm all for serious discussion but the fields you propose are too many for just ONE forum, and forget about sports!
    there's already a sports forum. i'm proposing a thematic forum, like the sports forum, but focussed on culture. and why couldn't the various forms of culture happily live in one thread? i really can't see why not. the debates forum, for example, has debates on all sorts of topics.
  4. Joined
    08 Oct '04
    Moves
    21 Jan '08 08:26

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

5. Standard memberBosse de Nage
    Zellulärer Automat
    Spiel des Lebens
    Moves
    22 Jan '08 12:10
    Originally posted by Stregone
    Rubbish, the glacial pace of other forums suggests that you might get five new threads a day at most. I doubt RHP users are about to break out into a rash of cultural discourse.
  6. Joined
    08 Oct '04
    Moves
    22 Jan '08 19:13

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree