1. Donationbelgianfreak
    stitching you up
    Moves
    10 Feb '06 15:52
    I got challenged to a game in December but didn't have time to take on another so didn't take a move. As the game was still there last week I started it, and have just noticed that although I was white and no move had been made I have no timebank remaining. It's not a problem for this game as I know the guy and we don't time each other out, but would it not be more logical for timebank to start depleating only after each player has taken 1 move?

Just a thought
    BF
  2. Joined
    27 Jan '05
    Moves
    10 Feb '06 18:40
    There would be a big problem with that.

If in a siege queue, somebody had left the site, while queueing, there would be no possibility for the game to end, and it would clog the board, so it could not be used.

Same for tourments where there is a wait before it starts.

But might be a good idea for open invites.
  3. Standard memberreader1107
    petting the cat
    On Clique Beach
    Moves
    11 Feb '06 00:33
    Originally posted by MRoberts
    There would be a big problem with that.

If in a siege queue, somebody had left the site, while queueing, there would be no possibility for the game to end, and it would clog the board, so it could not be used.

Same for tourments where there is a wait before it starts.

But might be a good idea for open invites.
    But my understanding is that in games that are NOT tourneys, you can't claim a time-out win if the game has so few moves that the trash can is still there. Why not just trash the game and start over if you really want to play that person?
  4. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    11 Feb '06 16:24
    Originally posted by reader1107
    But my understanding is that in games that are NOT tourneys, you can't claim a time-out win if the game has so few moves that the trash can is still there. Why not just trash the game and start over if you really want to play that person?
    BF should have checked the game info, and would have noticed the time bank was gone. I don't ever see myself in this situation, but if I ever am now, I'll check the info first.

P-

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree