1. SubscriberKewpie
    since 1-Feb-07
    Australia
    Moves
    14 Jul '12 01:17
    I have a lot of trouble with response speed on this site and it's all too easy to end up with two or even three copies of my post on the page. I'm not talking about deleting past posts or even posts that are more than a few minutes old. I'm always undecided whether I should just blank the content (suggests I'm a moron who sent off a blank post), replace the content with "post deleted" or somesuch (messes up the content flow in the thread) or just pretend I didn't see it (then I'm a moron who posts the same thing twice).

I would really like to have the ability to delete my own post, even if only for a very short period of time.
  2. Standard memberRevRSleeker
    CerebrallyChallenged
    Lyme BayChesil Beach
    Moves
    14 Jul '12 15:04
    Originally posted by Kewpie
    I have a lot of trouble with response speed on this site and it's all too easy to end up with two or even three copies of my post on the page. I'm not talking about deleting past posts or even posts that are more than a few minutes old. I'm always undecided whether I should just blank the content (suggests I'm a moron who sent off a blank post), replace the ...[text shortened]... to have the ability to delete my own post, even if only for a very short period of time.
    VERY true, done so myself many times and I end up editing it when really I'd like to just delete it..it always appears to be similar times of day when the site runs slow, 1-2am GMT+1.
  3. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    14 Jul '12 15:09
    Originally posted by Kewpie
    I have a lot of trouble with response speed on this site and it's all too easy to end up with two or even three copies of my post on the page. I'm not talking about deleting past posts or even posts that are more than a few minutes old. I'm always undecided whether I should just blank the content (suggests I'm a moron who sent off a blank post), replace the ...[text shortened]... to have the ability to delete my own post, even if only for a very short period of time.
    You must live with the shame of your double clicking post blunders!
  4. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    14 Jul '12 15:101 edit
    I wonder if you can edit it with a swear in the text? That would auto-hide it.

Successful test conducted. Edited a post to read "accidental double post, just erasing %$&^"

replace %$&^ with simple swear. Be sure to mention why you are swearing, or the mods will think you've gone mad.

Perhaps if this happens often enough Russ will grant the erase option rather than forcing us to swear to delete a post.
  5. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    14 Jul '12 15:10

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

6. Standard memberRevRSleeker
    CerebrallyChallenged
    Lyme BayChesil Beach
    Moves
    14 Jul '12 19:011 edit
    Originally posted by Phlabibit
    I wonder if you can edit it with a swear in the text? That would auto-hide it.

Successful test conducted. Edited a post to read "accidental double post, just erasing %$&^"

replace %$&^ with simple swear. Be sure to mention why you are swearing, or the mods will think you've gone mad.

Perhaps if this happens often enough Russ will grant the erase option rather than forcing us to swear to delete a post.
    Wellll, I just had to try it as it seems overly simple...I'll double post deliberately but the second post I'll attempt to edit and replace it with the 'Scun'horpe Problem.'

Sir, quite ingenious ....it works a treat 🙂
  7. Standard memberRevRSleeker
    CerebrallyChallenged
    Lyme BayChesil Beach
    Moves
    14 Jul '12 19:02

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

8. SubscriberKewpie
    since 1-Feb-07
    Australia
    Moves
    15 Jul '12 01:00
    Great solution. 😀 No programmer time required either. 😀 Now I will go on a mission to get rid of all those duplicates. 😕
  9. Standard memberRevRSleeker
    CerebrallyChallenged
    Lyme BayChesil Beach
    Moves
    20 Jul '12 01:21
    Originally posted by RevRSleeker
    VERY true, done so myself many times and I end up editing it when really I'd like to just delete it..it always appears to be similar times of day when the site runs slow, 1-2am GMT+1.
    SLOW slow slow...it's just gone 2am and it's taken me 11minutes to post here...a fairly accurate time is possible as I last moved 13mins ago and I immediately tried to post in my own private forum...no joy possible there so I came here ( to complain 😉 ), hence that time frame is possible.
    I'm not alone, it drives 'us' mad...I can't help it if I'm awake half the night, so at least make it easier on my already limited posting abilities lol....pleeeease Mr RHP, look into this 'tune up' issue 🙂
  10. SubscriberKewpie
    since 1-Feb-07
    Australia
    Moves
    20 Jul '12 06:23
    The problem seems to be mainly with the forum server, the game server seems to keep on going but the forums go to sleep. It's extremely frustrating, I agree.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree