1. Joined
    08 Nov '03
    Moves
    25 May '05 23:49
    You need to address the problem of people who accept challenges for open games and then delete them. Maybe something along the line of crediting the person deleting it unless both players agree. Out of the last seven games I've posted, 7 were accepted, then deleted. This is ridiculous.
  2. THORNINYOURSIDE
    Moves
    25 May '05 23:59
    Originally posted by Ssudukh
    You need to address the problem of people who accept challenges for open games and then delete them. Maybe something along the line of crediting the person deleting it unless both players agree. Out of the last seven games I've posted, 7 were accepted, then deleted. This is ridiculous.
    We need a facility that enables you to "block" people you do not wish to play for one reason or another.

Unfortunately at present there is nothing you can do until the mimimum number of moves is made. What is worse is when they make a move or two and then cancel ......

That really does my head in.

What you may find is that certain people do not wish to play non subscribers and join games knowing that they can delete them after checking status of player, without any cost to them.

Also some people may have ratings that fluctuate so much that you join them only to realise they are really a 1800+ rated player who has dropped down to say 1200 as a result of a lot of timeouts. If you are around the 1200 mark then there is no point getting stuffed playing someone with a geniune rating so much higher.

3. Joined
    08 Nov '03
    Moves
    27 May '05 00:12
    Originally posted by adramforall
    [b]What you may find is that certain people do not wish to play non subscribers and join games knowing that they can delete them after checking status of player, without any cost to them.

Also some people may have ratings that fluctuate so much that you join them only to realise they are really a 1800+ rated player who has dropped down to say 1200 as a r ...[text shortened]... 00 mark then there is no point getting stuffed playing someone with a geniune rating so much higher.
    My complaint is with those who accept and then delete at the same time. I, personally, can handle those who at least try to play, then quit. I still don't like it, but at least there is a discernable reason (don't lile the opening, ets).

The second reason lacks validity also. You can check the status of any player, which includes ratings, active games, etc. who posts a game BEFORE accepting it, so that reason for deleting is a load of baloney too.
    Heck, you can even check some of their archieved games to see what openings they favor if you want. If you are too lazy or stupid to click on the name of the player before accepting, that is the problem of the player and this site, because you can't tell me that this kind of garbage doesn't affect folks decision to subscribe. I've stopped playing here altogether. When I've got to post 10 games to get to play three, it is a bit silly, and that is exactly how many of the last open games I posted I actually got to play.

There needs to be a penalty for deleting games early, unless both players agree. That would solve the problem, or at least lessen it.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree