Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Site Ideas Forum

Site Ideas Forum

1. 18 Jul '07 14:18
    I am starting to think of abandoning this site due to the people deleting my new games, I think that the option to do this only gives idiots an option to show their true selves, it is a ting that should be removed, if a somebody joins then that is it, if I was playing somebody face to face I would not have this option, I am becoming very pissed of with these fools.
    ray
  2. 18 Jul '07 14:37
    subscribe...the subscribers play alot
  3. 18 Jul '07 14:39
    Originally posted by kangy32
    I am starting to think of abandoning this site due to the people deleting my new games, I think that the option to do this only gives idiots an option to show their true selves, it is a ting that should be removed, if a somebody joins then that is it, if I was playing somebody face to face I would not have this option, I am becoming very pissed of with these fools.
    ray
    You're right. There are such a individuals her at RHP.

Do like this instead, I did that when I was new to the site: Invite people, person to person, give them a nice PM and ask them to play with you, and you will see that many people do want to to play with you.

I've also notice that if you regularly check the inivite list there are people that you can play, alwo wants to play with you.

But there are rudeness everywhare. Steel your self from it and enjoy this chess site!

Perhaps people reading your post, with a suitable rating, will challenge you...?
  4. Standard member Phlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    18 Jul '07 14:49
    Originally posted by FabianFnas
    You're right. There are such a individuals her at RHP.

Do like this instead, I did that when I was new to the site: Invite people, person to person, give them a nice PM and ask them to play with you, and you will see that many people do want to to play with you.

I've also notice that if you regularly check the inivite list there are people that you ...[text shortened]... hess site!

Perhaps people reading your post, with a suitable rating, will challenge you...?
    I don't even use open invites, they are useless in my mind.

I always PM or get a PM from users and we decide a time limit and play.

P-
  5. 18 Jul '07 20:36
    Originally posted by Phlabibit
    I don't even use open invites, they are useless in my mind.

I always PM or get a PM from users and we decide a time limit and play.

P-
    If I send you a PM, you would play with me then? (I am sending you now)
  6. Standard member Phlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    19 Jul '07 00:21
    Originally posted by kenan
    If I send you a PM, you would play with me then? (I am sending you now)
    Ah, just saw the thread.

In time... as you know I'm busy with a few too many games.

When I started here, I played about 25 at a time.

I cut that back near 10 and it was good.

I have 19 now... want to cut that back a bit.

P-
  7. 19 Jul '07 10:21
    Why do people accept open invites and then immediately trash the game anyway? I don't really get it. Did they miss something in the description of the game or something?
  8. Subscriber coquette
    Already mated
    19 Jul '07 15:28
    I just challenged kangy, two games, one white and one black.
  9. 19 Jul '07 15:46
    Originally posted by incandenza
    Why do people accept open invites and then immediately trash the game anyway? I don't really get it. Did they miss something in the description of the game or something?
    The only time I've deleted a game is when I realized that it was a one-day timeout with no timebank only after I accepted it and I knew I wouldn't have the time to make sure I moved on that game every day.

Sometimes I think they don't want to play against an opening maybe? I don't know.
  10. 19 Jul '07 16:17
    I don't mind people deleting the game after they read my Engine Detection warning in my profile.
    If the send me a pm I am also happy - if not, they go on my kneecapping list.
  11. Subscriber coquette
    Already mated
    19 Jul '07 17:21
    I think that taking a delete game personally is being too sensitive. I think it's fine. I would rather have a player delete the game than sit and not move until it times out.