1. bondi
    Moves
    18 Jul '07 14:18
    I am starting to think of abandoning this site due to the people deleting my new games, I think that the option to do this only gives idiots an option to show their true selves, it is a ting that should be removed, if a somebody joins then that is it, if I was playing somebody face to face I would not have this option, I am becoming very pissed of with these fools.
    ray
  2. Account suspended
    Moves
    18 Jul '07 14:37
    subscribe...the subscribers play alot
  3. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    18 Jul '07 14:39
    Originally posted by kangy32
    I am starting to think of abandoning this site due to the people deleting my new games, I think that the option to do this only gives idiots an option to show their true selves, it is a ting that should be removed, if a somebody joins then that is it, if I was playing somebody face to face I would not have this option, I am becoming very pissed of with these fools.
    ray
    You're right. There are such a individuals her at RHP.

Do like this instead, I did that when I was new to the site: Invite people, person to person, give them a nice PM and ask them to play with you, and you will see that many people do want to to play with you.

I've also notice that if you regularly check the inivite list there are people that you can play, alwo wants to play with you.

But there are rudeness everywhare. Steel your self from it and enjoy this chess site!

Perhaps people reading your post, with a suitable rating, will challenge you...?
  4. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    18 Jul '07 14:49
    Originally posted by FabianFnas
    You're right. There are such a individuals her at RHP.

Do like this instead, I did that when I was new to the site: Invite people, person to person, give them a nice PM and ask them to play with you, and you will see that many people do want to to play with you.

I've also notice that if you regularly check the inivite list there are people that you ...[text shortened]... hess site!

Perhaps people reading your post, with a suitable rating, will challenge you...?
    I don't even use open invites, they are useless in my mind.

I always PM or get a PM from users and we decide a time limit and play.

P-
  5. Joined
    31 Oct '03
    Moves
    18 Jul '07 20:36
    Originally posted by Phlabibit
    I don't even use open invites, they are useless in my mind.

I always PM or get a PM from users and we decide a time limit and play.

P-
    If I send you a PM, you would play with me then? (I am sending you now)
  6. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    19 Jul '07 00:21
    Originally posted by kenan
    If I send you a PM, you would play with me then? (I am sending you now)
    Ah, just saw the thread.

In time... as you know I'm busy with a few too many games.

When I started here, I played about 25 at a time.

I cut that back near 10 and it was good.

I have 19 now... want to cut that back a bit.

P-
  7. Joined
    04 Jul '07
    Moves
    19 Jul '07 10:21
    Why do people accept open invites and then immediately trash the game anyway? I don't really get it. Did they miss something in the description of the game or something?
  8. Subscribercoquette
    Already mated
    Omaha, Nebraska, USA
    Moves
    19 Jul '07 15:28
    I just challenged kangy, two games, one white and one black.
  9. Joined
    06 May '05
    Moves
    19 Jul '07 15:46
    Originally posted by incandenza
    Why do people accept open invites and then immediately trash the game anyway? I don't really get it. Did they miss something in the description of the game or something?
    The only time I've deleted a game is when I realized that it was a one-day timeout with no timebank only after I accepted it and I knew I wouldn't have the time to make sure I moved on that game every day.

Sometimes I think they don't want to play against an opening maybe? I don't know.
  10. Joined
    22 Aug '05
    Moves
    19 Jul '07 16:17
    I don't mind people deleting the game after they read my Engine Detection warning in my profile.
    If the send me a pm I am also happy - if not, they go on my kneecapping list. 😉
  11. Subscribercoquette
    Already mated
    Omaha, Nebraska, USA
    Moves
    19 Jul '07 17:21
    I think that taking a delete game personally is being too sensitive. I think it's fine. I would rather have a player delete the game than sit and not move until it times out.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree