deletion of clubs

Standard memberRemoved
Site Ideas 25 Aug '09 15:44
  1. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    25 Aug '09 15:44
    On looking at the number of clubs i notice there are a lot of clubs that have no members - would it create space for the site if these were deleted (of course with the leader's consent)

(i am one of these many guilty people that started a club before anyone else points that out)

would the deletion of these dormant clubs be a feasible idea?
  2. SubscriberKewpie
    since 1-Feb-07
    Australia
    Moves
    04 Sep '09 09:01
    Seconded - this also applies to the multitude of dormant clans. AND to all the good usernames which have been taken and then never used.
  3. Joined
    08 Oct '04
    Moves
    04 Sep '09 13:02

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

4. SubscriberMctayto
    Highlander
    Planet Earth
    Moves
    04 Sep '09 17:02
    Originally posted by Kewpie
    Seconded - this also applies to the multitude of dormant clans. AND to all the good usernames which have been taken and then never used.
    The problem is that if clan games are played then it would muck up the archives, clubs on the otherhand would appear to be able to be deleted as the archives for them appear seperate
  5. Joined
    26 Apr '03
    Moves
    04 Sep '09 21:31
    The solution would not be to delete simply them but to rename them for archive purposes:
    Something like deleted_clanaaaxxxxx where the aaaxxxxx bit is some incremented character string.

Deleted players, clans etc would not appeari any league tables etc, but would appear in historical data such as games or group postings (with the new name). Clicking on the name of a deleted clan or player should bring up a window saying "this clan used to be aardvark assassins until it was deleted due to inactivity on date xxx" and additionally provide the same data that would have been given for aardvartk assassins just before their deletion.

The same technique would also work for players banned due to cheating.

Hopefully this is doable. It could be easier or harder depending on whether the user/clan name is the primary id for that element in the RHP database or not (I don't know).

Beware though - Personally, I stopped playing for a period of about 3 years and I have recently started playing again - so it would ideally be quite a long inactivity timeout!

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree