1. Subscribermwmiller
    RHP Member No.16
    Moves
    28 Oct '09 10:15
    The recent change to the site has added the Dock Bar, which pops up at the bottom right side of the screen.

If you click the 'close' box in the top right of the pop up, you can cause it to close for the remainder of the session, and it indicates that you can turn it back on by going to "My Site Settings".

If you do not want the dock bar feature, you must repeat this procedure each time you enter the site.

Can it be made to stay off permanently by selecting that option on the 'My Site Settings" page? It currently resets itself to 'ON' when you leave the site, so perhaps that is a 'bug'.

All of the other settings options remain as set by the user until we choose to change them but this one just automatically resets.
  2. Standard memberskeeter
    515 + 30 days
    Account suspended
    Moves
    31 Oct '09 20:29
    Originally posted by mwmiller
    The recent change to the site has added the Dock Bar, which pops up at the bottom right side of the screen.

If you click the 'close' box in the top right of the pop up, you can cause it to close for the remainder of the session, and it indicates that you can turn it back on by going to "My Site Settings".

If you do not want the dock bar feature, you m ...[text shortened]... set by the user until we choose to change them but this one just automatically resets.
    I unchecked the 'enable' box and the site saved it. But I don't log off though - I just close the browser.

skeets
  3. Subscribermwmiller
    RHP Member No.16
    Moves
    31 Oct '09 21:311 edit
    Originally posted by skeeter
    I unchecked the 'enable' box and the site saved it. But I don't log off though - I just close the browser.

skeets
    That's what I do as well.

When I uncheck the 'enable' box it goes away for the rest of the time I'm on the site. When I exit the site I do what you do. I just close the browser.

When I come back for my next visit I have to log on again but my log on data is already in the windows so all I have to do is click 'log on'. I assume I am being automatically logged off when I close the browser.

All of my other settings remain as I have them set, but this one does not.

I did get an answer to a feedback which indicated that it has something to do with how my browser is handling cookies. I looked around and as far as I can tell I have it set so that cookies from this site are accepted, so I don't know what the problem is.

edit-- I use firefox, if that makes any difference. I do have IE available so maybe I'll give it a try with that and see how that works.
  4. Standard memberDaemon Sin
    I'm A Mighty Pirateā„¢
    PaTROLLING the forum
    Moves
    31 Oct '09 23:20
    Originally posted by mwmiller

If you do not want the dock bar feature, you m ...[text shortened]... set by the user until we choose to change them but this one just automatically resets.
    I clicked the 'close' button on the dock bar and it's stayed off ever since.

Maybe you should try clearing you cookies/cache.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree