Draw Offers

Draw Offers

Site Ideas

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Already mated

Omaha, Nebraska, USA

Moves
11 Mar 09

This is just a minor inconvenience, but it's still a glitch.

When offering a draw by the rules, where I make the move and click offer draw, I still get a message that reminds me that I have to be sure to make a move when offering a draw. Then I have to click it again, and then submit.

If I've already made the move, why not just eliminate the extra warning? That should be pretty easy to do, right?

F

Moves
11 Mar 09

Originally posted by coquette

When offering a draw by the rules, where I make the move and click offer draw, I still get a message that reminds me that I have to be sure to make a move when offering a draw. Then I have to click it again, and then submit.

If I've already made the move, why not just eliminate the extra warning? That should be pretty easy to do, right?
I think the reason of the warning is that some people might think that they can offer a draw any time, without having to make a move.
Perhaps the system cannot know if a move has been made until you click submit button.
But otherwise I agree with you. The warning shouldn't be neccesary.

Already mated

Omaha, Nebraska, USA

Moves
11 Mar 09

Originally posted by FabianFnas
I think the reason of the warning is that some people might think that they can offer a draw any time, without having to make a move.
Perhaps the system cannot know if a move has been made until you click submit button.
But otherwise I agree with you. The warning shouldn't be neccesary.
I agree. I'm only suggesting a change when the move has already been made. It's just a little irritating to get the warning when I've already made a move on the board.

S
Caninus Interruptus

Moves
11 Mar 09

Originally posted by coquette

Yes. This is annoying. Get rid of it!

A box only should pop up if you submit the draw offer without moving.