e-mail sent when auto-moded.

e-mail sent when auto-moded.

Site Ideas

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

j
Metallica is weak

better then here!

Moves
07 Apr 13

When posts are removed from forums because enough users alerted the post(auto-mod), could an auto e-mail with a quote of the post removed be sent to the user who's post was removed?

Perhaps with the format of the following:

Your post in thread name of thread, with the text "text is post removed", has be removed because 5 users found it offensive. Please refrain from posting this again.

Moves
07 Apr 13

Originally posted by johnyg
When posts are removed from forums because enough users alerted the post(auto-mod), could an auto e-mail with a quote of the post removed be sent to the user who's post was removed?

Perhaps with the format of the following:

Your post in thread [b]name of thread
, with the text "text is post removed", has be removed because 5 users found it offensive. Please refrain from posting this again.[/b]
I thought robo-mod only worked instantly i.e. picking up certain words. Alerted posts are manually modded I think.

j
Metallica is weak

better then here!

Moves
07 Apr 13

Originally posted by divegeester
I thought robo-mod only worked instantly i.e. picking up certain words. Alerted posts are manually modded I think.
Its my understanding if you get 5 or 6 people to alert a post it is auto-removed, regardless of content, or moderator interaction.

So.. in essence if you had enough dedicated friends, you could do your own censorship and remove any post that you didn't like what it said.

Australia

Moves
08 Apr 13

Its my understanding if you get 5 or 6 people to alert a post it is auto-removed, regardless of content, or moderator interaction.

So.. in essence if you had enough dedicated friends, you could do your own censorship and remove any post that you didn't like what it said.
This story went the rounds a couple of years ago, but it may be apocryphal.

j
Metallica is weak

better then here!

Moves
08 Apr 13
1 edit

Originally posted by Kewpie
This story went the rounds a couple of years ago, but it may be apocryphal.
Well I don't know the exact #.. but if enough people alert a post it does auto poof away.

I've seen it happen, and had had confirmation from a reliable source that it does happen.

I think if there was a group that was doing that too much they might get a talking to from the site, but I don't know anything about that.

R
CerebrallyChallenged

Lyme BayChesil Beach

Moves
08 Apr 13

R
CerebrallyChallenged

Lyme BayChesil Beach

Moves
08 Apr 13

Seriously, if 50 people alert a post, as much as it's likely to be something that does indeed require removal, the truth of the matter is that moderator(s) merely 'notice it' all the sooner...

j
Metallica is weak

better then here!

Moves
08 Apr 13

Originally posted by RevRSleeker
Seriously, if 50 people alert a post, as much as it's likely to be something that does indeed require removal, the truth of the matter is that moderator(s) merely 'notice it' all the sooner...
That is one thing.. but the auto removal regardless of violation is another.