1. Standard memberrhb
    Ginger Scum
    Paranoia
    Moves
    18 Aug '06 21:52
    Like "Total Recs" but for Edits = "Total Edits"

You know it makes sense.

Edit: You've gotta fix the edit logging bug first though.
  2. Standard memberCrowley
    Not Aleister
    Control room
    Moves
    19 Aug '06 06:02
    I Like It© !
  3. Joined
    22 Aug '05
    Moves
    19 Aug '06 14:411 edit
    Originally posted by rhb
    Like "Total Recs" but for Edits = "Total Edits"

You know it makes sense.

Edit: You've gotta fix the edit logging bug first though.
    But why? Who wants to know?

Edit: If there was a "preview" available before you posted it would save people from having to edit so often......
  4. Standard memberrhb
    Ginger Scum
    Paranoia
    Moves
    19 Aug '06 23:18
    Originally posted by Dr Strangelove
    But why? Who wants to know?

Edit: If there was a "preview" available before you posted it would save people from having to edit so often......
    I want to know.

I'm sure other pedantic forum users would be interested too.

Preview is for wusses.Get it right first tiem.

😉
  5. Standard memberHindstein
    Finish Him!!!
    Chess Club HQ
    Moves
    20 Aug '06 01:00
    If you read your post before pressing the button, it would avoid the need for edits!

😛
  6. Joined
    22 Aug '05
    Moves
    20 Aug '06 14:103 edits
    Originally posted by Hindstein
    If you read your post before pressing the button, it would avoid the need for edits!

😛
    Oh right, that must explain why ALL other forums on the internet have a preview facility. 😛😛

edit; I await your attempt to prove me wrong. 😉

edit; Maybe if you read it first it looks ok - then you think of something to ADD.

edit; Like that.😕
  7. Standard memberHindstein
    Finish Him!!!
    Chess Club HQ
    Moves
    20 Aug '06 18:47
    Oh right, that must explain why ALL other forums on the internet have a preview facility. 😛😛

edit; I await your attempt to prove me wrong. 😉

edit; Maybe if you read it first it looks ok - then you think of something to ADD.

edit; Like that.😕
    I get the point of a preview, but surely the same could happen after the preview screen too.

.... and in the end, people will always edit their posts. I just don't think that having a preview screen would be worth it. It's another screen to go through before posting.
  8. The sky
    Moves
    20 Aug '06 19:45
    Originally posted by Hindstein
    I get the point of a preview, but surely the same could happen after the preview screen too.

.... and in the end, people will always edit their posts. I just don't think that having a preview screen would be worth it. It's another screen to go through before posting.
    Well, it's usually optional, so it wouldn't be something you have to go through before posting. It's useful when you are not sure the tags you are using are working. But I don't see it as important either, it doesn't take long to edit the post, so most people won't have read it before it's corrected. It's more important in forums in which you can post pictures.

Edit: Has something been done about that edit bug yet?
    Edit 2: Apparently not. 😕
  9. Standard memberrhb
    Ginger Scum
    Paranoia
    Moves
    20 Aug '06 21:26
    Originally posted by Nordlys
    Well, it's usually optional, so it wouldn't be something you have to go through before posting. It's useful when you are not sure the tags you are using are working. But I don't see it as important either, it doesn't take long to edit the post, so most people won't have read it before it's corrected. It's more important in forums in which you can post ...[text shortened]... s.

Edit: Has something been done about that edit bug yet?
    Edit 2: Apparently not. 😕
    I'm taking matters into my own hands.

🙂

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree