Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Site Ideas Forum

Site Ideas Forum

  1. Standard member rhb
    Ginger Scum
    18 Aug '06 21:52
    Like "Total Recs" but for Edits = "Total Edits"

    You know it makes sense.

    Edit: You've gotta fix the edit logging bug first though.
  2. Standard member Crowley
    Not Aleister
    19 Aug '06 06:02
    I Like It© !
  3. 19 Aug '06 14:41 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by rhb
    Like "Total Recs" but for Edits = "Total Edits"

    You know it makes sense.

    Edit: You've gotta fix the edit logging bug first though.
    But why? Who wants to know?


    Edit: If there was a "preview" available before you posted it would save people from having to edit so often......
  4. Standard member rhb
    Ginger Scum
    19 Aug '06 23:18
    Originally posted by Dr Strangelove
    But why? Who wants to know?


    Edit: If there was a "preview" available before you posted it would save people from having to edit so often......
    I want to know.

    I'm sure other pedantic forum users would be interested too.

    Preview is for wusses.Get it right first tiem.

  5. Standard member Hindstein
    Finish Him!!!
    20 Aug '06 01:00
    Originally posted by Dr Strangelove
    Edit: If there was a "preview" available before you posted it would save people from having to edit so often......
    If you read your post before pressing the button, it would avoid the need for edits!

  6. 20 Aug '06 14:10 / 3 edits
    Originally posted by Hindstein
    If you read your post before pressing the button, it would avoid the need for edits!

    Oh right, that must explain why ALL other forums on the internet have a preview facility.




    edit; I await your attempt to prove me wrong.

    edit; Maybe if you read it first it looks ok - then you think of something to ADD.

    edit; Like that.
  7. Standard member Hindstein
    Finish Him!!!
    20 Aug '06 18:47
    Originally posted by Dr Strangelove
    Oh right, that must explain why ALL other forums on the internet have a preview facility.




    edit; I await your attempt to prove me wrong.

    edit; Maybe if you read it first it looks ok - then you think of something to ADD.

    edit; Like that.
    I get the point of a preview, but surely the same could happen after the preview screen too.

    .... and in the end, people will always edit their posts. I just don't think that having a preview screen would be worth it. It's another screen to go through before posting.
  8. 20 Aug '06 19:45
    Originally posted by Hindstein
    I get the point of a preview, but surely the same could happen after the preview screen too.

    .... and in the end, people will always edit their posts. I just don't think that having a preview screen would be worth it. It's another screen to go through before posting.
    Well, it's usually optional, so it wouldn't be something you have to go through before posting. It's useful when you are not sure the tags you are using are working. But I don't see it as important either, it doesn't take long to edit the post, so most people won't have read it before it's corrected. It's more important in forums in which you can post pictures.

    Edit: Has something been done about that edit bug yet?
    Edit 2: Apparently not.
  9. Standard member rhb
    Ginger Scum
    20 Aug '06 21:26
    Originally posted by Nordlys
    Well, it's usually optional, so it wouldn't be something you have to go through before posting. It's useful when you are not sure the tags you are using are working. But I don't see it as important either, it doesn't take long to edit the post, so most people won't have read it before it's corrected. It's more important in forums in which you can post ...[text shortened]... s.

    Edit: Has something been done about that edit bug yet?
    Edit 2: Apparently not.
    I'm taking matters into my own hands.