1. Standard memberDutch Defense
    Stealer of Souls
    Account suspended
    Moves
    16 May '07 21:14
    Right now, we only have an hour to edit a post before it is how it is. We should be able to edit a post at any time without any time limits. Any other thoughts or concerns about this?
  2. Standard memberblakbuzzrd
    Buzzardus Maximus
    Moves
    16 May '07 21:301 edit
    I like the fact that editing privileges have a limited lifespan. Frankly, you oughta take the time to proof and craft your posts before you inflict them on others.

EDIT: I mean you in general, BTW, not the previous poster. Thank god I proofed and crafted this post before I inflicted it on others!
  3. Standard memberSwissGambit
    Caninus Interruptus
    Moves
    16 May '07 23:15
    Originally posted by Dutch Defense
    Right now, we only have an hour to edit a post before it is how it is. We should be able to edit a post at any time without any time limits. Any other thoughts or concerns about this?
    One concern is that someone who feels a discussion has gone against them can just edit out all their posts, leaving the whole thread in a mess.
  4. Standard memberjoneschr
    Some guy
    Moves
    16 May '07 23:491 edit
    Originally posted by SwissGambit
    One concern is that someone who feels a discussion has gone against them can just edit out all their posts, leaving the whole thread in a mess.
    Edit: nevermind.
  5. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    17 May '07 00:181 edit
    Originally posted by SwissGambit
    There is another thread someplace on this subject where I said that very thing. Actually, my point was them editing it to say something different, rather than erasing it... but both are bad for a thread.

Another point I brought up was moderators at RHP read what is here, and that is it. If they had to keep reading every post every time it was edited it would be tons more work.

One hour is plenty of time, if not... Just post again and let people know what went wrong.

P-
  6. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    17 May '07 06:45
    I'd be happy if I could edit the thread title within this hour. Correct the spelling and such. Now it is even possible to forget giving a title altogether.
    I'd like to be able to edit the thread title as a thread creator.
  7. Joined
    22 Aug '05
    Moves
    17 May '07 09:201 edit
    I STILL think there should be a preview option to check what your post will look like - I use the edit function for that, and hence almost all my posts say 1 edit. [or more]

The ability to edit the title is a long-standing concern; a fix would definitely be welcomed methinks.

edit.
  8. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    17 May '07 15:13
    Originally posted by Dr Strangelove
    I STILL think there should be a preview option to check what your post will look like - I use the edit function for that, and hence almost all my posts say 1 edit. [or more]

The ability to edit the title is a long-standing concern; a fix would definitely be welcomed methinks.

edit.
    I agree and I give you my recommendation for that.
  9. Joined
    13 Apr '06
    Moves
    17 May '07 21:31
    Some of these limitations are built into the forum because it was not designed to offer as many features as Vbulletin the market leader in forum software. On such forums users can delete their posts, lock them, preview posts, make attachments etc
  10. Joined
    22 Aug '05
    Moves
    17 May '07 22:58
    Originally posted by z00t
    ..vbulletin..........On such forums users can delete their posts, lock them, preview posts, make attachments etc
    True, but only if the admins have enabled each of those features - most that I know don't allow all of them. Especially the delete option.
  11. Joined
    02 Feb '07
    Moves
    19 May '07 05:19
    Thread 67849
    If the Preview Post Button were implemented, it would significantly reduce the need to edit posts.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree