Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Site Ideas Forum

Site Ideas Forum

1. Standard member Alex011893
    The High Rate Clan
    14 Jul '05 18:15
    Some of the members are using the Vacation sign for wrong purposes.One uses it because he says that he is tired from all the games.We shall stop the use of Vacation Sign.
  2. Standard member DOlivier2004
    A Lost Bobby
    14 Jul '05 18:55
    I'd use the vacation sign as a sign that the person's game is up for grabs. If he/she has a legit reason for the vacation, then hold off, otherwise, take the skull. Either way, the vacation flag doesn't do anything to the games themselves.
  3. 14 Jul '05 20:26 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by DOlivier2004
    I'd use the vacation sign as a sign that the person's game is up for grabs. If he/she has a legit reason for the vacation, then hold off, otherwise, take the skull. Either way, the vacation flag doesn't do anything to the games themselves.
    I have only used it once, and i made sure i had enough time in my timebank for all of my games, then put the flag out as a notifacation i would not be moving. I believe you should not be allowed to move while your flag is up, and before putting it up you must set hove many days it will be up. Once the time is set the you can not remove it until the time has expired. This will stop most misuse of the flag...
    Again the flag will mean something to people and will aquire much more respect.

-blindcheesecake
  4. Standard member Alex011893
    The High Rate Clan
    15 Jul '05 01:05
    Well that is a good reason but the vacation sign should be used for purposes like moving,vacation,emergency conditions,etc. Not for a lame excuse like I am tired of these games.If one is tired from the game they should resign or offer a draw to settle the game.Not put the flag up.Well that is all for my session.
  5. 15 Jul '05 01:28
    Originally posted by Alex011893
    Well that is a good reason but the vacation sign should be used for purposes like moving,vacation,emergency conditions,etc. Not for a lame excuse like I am tired of these games.If one is tired from the game they should resign or offer a draw to settle the game.Not put the flag up.Well that is all for my session.
    I agree.
  6. Standard member XanthosNZ
    Cancerous Bus Crash
    15 Jul '05 03:43
    Read the note they left with the vacation flag. If you don't believe it's a valid reason to use it claim the win when the timebank expires.

Why regulate it's use when a player's opponent's regulate it?
  7. 15 Jul '05 14:55
    I agree that the Vacation flag doesn't work. I clicked on it over an hour ago and I'm still here.
  8. Standard member Alex011893
    The High Rate Clan
    16 Jul '05 21:56
    You must log out first but the message you left on the message box will come up on your profile.This does not help you pause any games.
  9. 17 Jul '05 13:36
    You must log out first but the message you left on the message box will come up on your profile.This does not help you pause any games.
    Still doesn't work. It's two days since I clicked on it. I expected to be half way to Greece by now...
  10. Standard member Alex011893
    The High Rate Clan
    17 Jul '05 16:08
    Have a good time at Greece.
  11. 17 Jul '05 17:01
    Originally posted by kw72uk
    Still doesn't work. It's two days since I clicked on it. I expected to be half way to Greece by now...
    You probably have to change your flag to Greece. Otherwise the vacation program won't know where to send you.
  12. 17 Jul '05 17:03
    Originally posted by Nordlys
    You probably have to change your flag to Greece. Otherwise the vacation program won't know where to send you.
    Can you stop spamming up the forum with silly replies
  13. 17 Jul '05 17:38
    Originally posted by Nordlys
    Ah yes that'll be it! Thanks for the advice
  14. 17 Jul '05 17:39
    Originally posted by Serendipity
    Can you stop spamming up the forum with silly replies
    I think I started it......
  15. 17 Jul '05 17:40
    Originally posted by kw72uk
    I think I started it......
    No not you.tell me it isn't so...