1. Joined
    12 Apr '12
    Moves
    04 Apr '13 12:18
    I've blocked email notifications of my opponents' moves, because they have a tendency to fill up my inbox. Another chess site I play on (QueenAlice) seems to have a better system. Their move notifications show up as one email in the inbox, but with a figure indicating how many of my games are waiting for my move. I don't know if RHP's system allows introducing this way of notifying moves, but if so, I would like it to happen.
  2. Standard memberRevRSleeker
    CerebrallyChallenged
    Lyme BayChesil Beach
    Moves
    04 Apr '13 13:19

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

3. Standard memberRevRSleeker
    CerebrallyChallenged
    Lyme BayChesil Beach
    Moves
    04 Apr '13 13:23

4. Standard memberRevRSleeker
    CerebrallyChallenged
    Lyme BayChesil Beach
    Moves
    04 Apr '13 13:25

5. Standard memberRevRSleeker
    CerebrallyChallenged
    Lyme BayChesil Beach
    Moves
    04 Apr '13 13:26
    Originally posted by oldfool
    I've blocked email notifications of my opponents' moves, because they have a tendency to fill up my inbox. Another chess site I play on (QueenAlice) seems to have a better system. Their move notifications show up as one email in the inbox, but with a figure indicating how many of my games are waiting for my move. I don't know if RHP's system allows introducing this way of notifying moves, but if so, I would like it to happen.
    Merely for reference I can say that a number of us have been asking for change with regard to email \ 'personal message' notifications. For instance, if you're a member of a club that creates lots of tournaments, you'll find your inbox can be full in a few days. I've returned from short breaks only to be asked why I haven't responded to messages posted recently from individuals. I've missed them because of primarily these mass club 'tournament notification' posts, literally 'overwhelming' my inbox. 'Tick boxes' may be useful, something for which we could make preferences in a settings menu, whereby we can pick and choose just what, and where, we'd like to keep any notifications from.

Your 'QueenAlice' suggestion sounds like a sensible solution, most certainly with regard to keeping message numbers down, therefore on a more manageable scale !
  6. Joined
    12 Apr '12
    Moves
    05 Apr '13 07:46
    Originally posted by RevRSleeker

Your 'QueenAlice' suggestion sounds like a sensible solution, most certainly with regard to keeping message numbers down, therefore on a more manageable scale ![/b]
    Thanks! But as I understand that the problem has been highlighted on this forum earlier, I don't expect much to happen in the short run. 😕
  7. Standard memberRevRSleeker
    CerebrallyChallenged
    Lyme BayChesil Beach
    Moves
    05 Apr '13 20:02
    Originally posted by oldfool
    Thanks! But as I understand that the problem has been highlighted on this forum earlier, I don't expect much to happen in the short run. 😕
    Perhaps you're right, but it is a concern to many of us. The new Beta site is due for release very soon, this might be something for which the site owners would consider this merely as a useful addition...for that reason alone send feedback, I certainly will and the more people that do so the more the chances of its inclusion in the new site...
  8. SubscriberKewpie
    since 1-Feb-07
    Australia
    Moves
    06 Apr '13 03:56
    It's unlikely to happen while the beta-to-finalrelease process is going on, they are now concentrating on fixing bugs and certainly not considering new features. I'd suggest you let this thread lapse and raise the topic again a month or two after the new site settles down.
  9. Hell
    Moves
    06 Apr '13 13:11
    many email clients allow the setting up of filters to select emails and store them in separate folders/labels. I use gmail and thunderbird and both do that. This means my chess emails and others never mix.
    On my phone I use gmail,label notifier to discriminate notification of emails by label.
    This way notification methods are controlled by you rather than the site.
  10. Joined
    12 Apr '12
    Moves
    06 Apr '13 19:02
    Originally posted by Bael
    many email clients allow the setting up of filters to select emails and store them in separate folders/labels. I use gmail and thunderbird and both do that. This means my chess emails and others never mix.
    On my phone I use gmail,label notifier to discriminate notification of emails by label.
    This way notification methods are controlled by you rather than the site.
    Sounds like reason. Only I'm not that smart with filtering and all that kind of technique that is like bread and butter for you young people. But I'll seek help!
  11. Hell
    Moves
    08 Apr '13 07:54
    Ahh a young 62

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree