1. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    22 May '16 01:48
    I think a player should get a message that says someone has tried to start a game with them but has fallen foul of some ratings restriction or maximum number of games etc. Then the challenged player has the option of accepting the kind of game that they did not actually intend to block with their settings. For example: I lose a game (as I so often do) but when I try to set up a rematch I am blocked ~ and the opponent has no way of knowing I attempted to start a rematch, unless I send a personal message. That message - that a game was offered but blocked by settings - should be automatically generated.
  2. SubscriberKewpie
    since 1-Feb-07
    Australia
    Moves
    22 May '16 08:20
    Agreed. I've noticed some new messages appearing in Notifications - this could be another of them.
  3. Standard memberBigDogg
    Secret RHP coder
    on the payroll
    Moves
    23 May '16 00:55
    I don't want people to be able to fill my notification queue by repeatedly trying to challenge me when the parameters may be designed to keep them out.

Let's keep it as it is. If they want me to modify my challenge settings, they ought to send a PM.
  4. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    23 May '16 12:54
    I'm not against adding it, but I need to introduce some comprehensive notification controls first.

This will ultimately result in, "do you want notification A, and would you like an email when you do" (or some other method of off-site notification.)
  5. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    25 May '16 00:57
    Originally posted by BigDoggProblem
    Let's keep it as it is. If they want me to modify my challenge settings, they ought to send a PM.
    Alright then. But let's have a voice-to-text facility to save having to type the PM.
  6. Standard memberBigDogg
    Secret RHP coder
    on the payroll
    Moves
    25 May '16 04:33
    Originally posted by FMF
    Alright then. But let's have a voice-to-text facility to save having to type the PM.
    There are apps that do that already (at least for smartphones).

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree