1. Joined
    23 May '04
    Moves
    07 Aug '05 16:471 edit
    I think it would help this site to have feedback for players, similar to ebay. I would like to see feedback ratings of players in categories that might help me pick opponents. Example categories might include:

* sportsmanship
    * times out vacationers

I only have time for very few games, and it is frustrating to get into a game with someone who is immature, or who times me out while on vacation. I think this is a great chess site, but there are a large number of rude and inconsiderate users.

A feedback feature would help me improve my experiences on this site. I think that it would likely lead to better behavior in general, as most users would want better ratings.

In commenting on this suggestion, please keep in mind that this feature must be fairly simple to implement and maintain in order to make it worth the time of the site operators.

I believe that adding this feature in a way that is useful could help increase the overall playing experience on this site, and lead to an increase in subscriptions.

[BTW, I am a former subscriber, but only have time for 2-3 games at a time.]
  2. Standard memberBowmann
    Non-Subscriber
    RHP IQ
    Moves
    07 Aug '05 17:071 edit
    There are enough slagging off threads.
  3. Standard memberHumper
    Boudin Noir
    Account suspended
    Moves
    09 Aug '05 01:57
    Maybe we could also have a category for "signs up for games and then goes on vacation". Then I could avoid opponents who won't complete their games on time and no one will get upset when they get timed out while sipping margaritas in Tijuana.
  4. Subscriberinvigorate
    Only 1 F in Uckfield
    Buxted UK
    Moves
    11 Aug '05 13:09
    Originally posted by zucchini
    I think it would help this site to have feedback for players, similar to ebay. I would like to see feedback ratings of players in categories that might help me pick opponents. Example categories might include:

* sportsmanship
    * times out vacationers

I only have time for very few games, and it is frustrating to get into a game with someone who is imm ...[text shortened]... n subscriptions.

[BTW, I am a former subscriber, but only have time for 2-3 games at a time.]
    Good idea but sore losers could be insulting towards their victors

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree