1. London
    Moves
    25 Dec '04 13:25
    ive have entered 3! Xmas grands and im determined not to get timed out in any of them but whenever i click on alert to see if my time bank in running out they are always on the 5/6th page of my list which means if there are say 16 games that i have to play almost immediatly, i have to always play the move and then go back to that page, wouldnt it be easier to just filter out ofther tourneys so that you are left with just the tourney you want to play in at that time?!?

fred
  2. Joined
    04 Apr '04
    Moves
    25 Dec '04 13:491 edit
    Originally posted by Freddie2004
    ive have entered 3! Xmas grands and im determined not to get timed out in any of them but whenever i click on alert to see if my time bank in running out they are always on the 5/6th page of my list which means if there are say 16 games ...[text shortened]... with just the tourney you want to play in at that time?!?

fred
    Fred:

Press on "My Settings" at the left side, top of the page. in there go to "My Site Settings"

In there you will see 4 options:

1) "Receive Move notifications"

2) "List all games"

3) "Render Site Navigations"

4) "Enable Mutiple Browsers to be logged in to the same account"

Enable the "List all games" option.

This lets you see ALL of your games on the same page. It's very usefull and this way you don't need to go through all your pages of games.

I hope this is helpful.

Regardes, FaithNoMore
  3. Standard memberRavello
    The Rude©
    who knows?
    Moves
    25 Dec '04 16:21
    wouldnt it be easier to just filter out ofther tourneys so that you are left with just the tourney you want to play in at that time?!?

fred
    You had 200 games in progress and you asked me some advice to improve your chess:I told you to play less games,and now you have 355 games in progress.
    Wouldn't it be easier if you play less games?
  4. London
    Moves
    25 Dec '04 18:14
    Originally posted by Ravello
    You had 200 games in progress and you asked me some advice to improve your chess:I told you to play less games,and now you have 355 games in progress.
    Wouldn't it be easier if you play less games?
    i guess it would be but i got too tempted by the Xmas grands. lol, i must learn to control myself!

fred
  5. London
    Moves
    25 Dec '04 18:15
    thanks FNM that really helps!!

fred
  6. Standard membermateulose
    Look, it's a title!
    Account suspended
    Moves
    25 Dec '04 20:55
    The reason I pulled away from the X-Mas Grands is because, say, I don't log on in the next 24 hours, I am royally screwed and the small timebanks starts chewing up. For example, say I can only move once a day at 8:00am in the morning, and my opponent then moves at 8:30am, then the next morning I sleep in a little and get up at 9:30 am, bam, 1 hour of chewed up time in the timebank!

If there is some family "emergency" during the X-Mas break, bam, there goes 1 day, and possibly almost two if the last time you loged on the previous day was in the morning.

Doing the math, and considering the tournies I am already in, and the fact I do not really own my own computer with Internet. I had to say NO to X-Mas grand, despite it being my speed, and had to refuse all game challenges. I don't know how ppl like Trackhead can enter all the X-Mas grands and STILL improve his rating like haywire, although the round 1 matchups seem kinda tedious, I'm 1600 rated and I'm the top rater in all my pools in every round 1 tourney but one, in which I might win or at least tie anyways. Maybe that's just luck, I suspect once all my random tournies reach round 2 I'll be literally SCHOOLED.
  7. London
    Moves
    25 Dec '04 22:34
    Originally posted by mateulose
    The reason I pulled away from the X-Mas Grands is because, say, I don't log on in the next 24 hours, I am royally screwed and the small timebanks starts chewing up. For example, say I can only move once a day at 8:00am in the morning, and my opponent then moves at 8:30am, then the next morning I sleep in a little and get up at 9:30 am, bam, 1 hour of chew ...[text shortened]... t's just luck, I suspect once all my random tournies reach round 2 I'll be literally SCHOOLED.
    lol he is only in 2 Xmas grands...im in 3!

fred
  8. Standard memberDCS
    Lord of Rock
    Somewhere near
    Moves
    26 Dec '04 12:35
    lol he is only in 2 Xmas grands...im in 3!

fred
    jameswoodley has now been removed from the site. Here's the official statement from Russ.
    http://www.timeforchess.com/board/showthread.php?threadid=17570
  9. Standard memberRavello
    The Rude©
    who knows?
    Moves
    26 Dec '04 13:54
    Originally posted by DCS
    jameswoodley has now been removed from the site. Here's the official statement from Russ.
    http://www.timeforchess.com/board/showthread.php?threadid=17570
    I don't see where Russ says he officially removed him from the site.

Now,I had my business against JW,but I don't understand all these sycophants who jump in the boat against JW,even if they never had anything to do with him or with cheating issues.
  10. Standard memberDCS
    Lord of Rock
    Somewhere near
    Moves
    26 Dec '04 13:59
    Originally posted by Ravello
    I don't see where Russ says he officially removed him from the site.

Now,I had my business against JW,but I don't understand all these sycophants who jump in the boat against JW,even if they never had anything to do with him or with cheating issues.
    it's about mid-page. above the reply from Slow pawn
  11. Standard memberRavello
    The Rude©
    who knows?
    Moves
    26 Dec '04 14:02
    My apologies,now I've seen the post.

Finally the prize for all my efforts has come................

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree