Fischer Random Chess

Fischer Random Chess

Site Ideas

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Moves
14 Nov 05

It would be nice to play Fischer Random Chess on here (http://www.dwheeler.com/essays/Fischer_Random_Chess.html) , hopefully not as much work as it sounds:

Random board order generator would be required

Castling rules in the move engine would have to be extended, these are compatible with standard rules in the standard start position.

Fisher Random Chess option would have to be added to game creation options.

Initially FRC games should probably be excluded from Ratings.

If FRC games become ratable, the option to back out of a game before the first move might need to be removed for FRC games.

Secret RHP coder

on the payroll

Moves
15 Nov 05

Originally posted by iamatiger
Initially FRC games should probably be excluded from Ratings.
Or better yet, give everyone a separate rating for FR.

z
Mouth for war

Burlington, KY

Moves
15 Nov 05

Originally posted by iamatiger
It would be nice to play Fischer Random Chess on here (http://www.dwheeler.com/essays/Fischer_Random_Chess.html) , hopefully not as much work as it sounds:

Random board order generator would be required

Castling rules in the move engine would have to be extended, these are compatible with standard rules in the standard start position.

Fisher Rando ...[text shortened]... , the option to back out of a game before the first move might need to be removed for FRC games.
In case you don't know about it, www.schemingmind.com has Fischer Random Chess aka Chess 960.

Moves
16 Nov 05
1 edit

Originally posted by zakkwylder
In case you don't know about it, www.schemingmind.com has Fischer Random Chess aka Chess 960.
I already found that and am playing chess 960 there. Scheming mind is not quite as well designed a site, but has more features. Some comparisons (all strictly my own opinion of course)

A) SM has "pyramids" -which are better than sieges.
B) SM has chess 960
C) SM gives paying users ability to set up & start mini-tournaments
D) SM gives user "Take Back" feature on analysis board
E) RHP has a better Clan System.
F) RHP has more interesting forums
G) RHP "look" and feel" is better.
H) RHP has bagged the best URLs.
I) Scheming mind gives more benefits to non-paying subscribers

Sorry Russ!