1. Standard memberAgerg
    The 'edit'or
    converging to it
    Moves
    31 Dec '10 09:123 edits
    Often I (and I expect others) want to qualify certain statements we make in discussions with further elaboration (sometimes to dissuade others from barking up the wrong tree), but don't want to clutter the main body of text with intrusive parenthesised comments, a wall of text acting as footnote comments, or [ hidden] tags that don't show anything when you mouse over for one reason or another.

Anyway of accomodating this?
  2. Joined
    18 Jan '07
    Moves
    31 Dec '10 17:17
    Originally posted by Agerg
    Often I (and I expect others) want to qualify certain statements we make in discussions with further elaboration (sometimes to dissuade others from barking up the wrong tree), but don't want to clutter the main body of text with intrusive parenthesised comments, a wall of text acting as footnote comments, or [ hidden] tags that don't show anything when you mouse over for one reason or another.

Anyway of accomodating this?
    Certainly[1]. I fail to see the problem.[2]

Richard

[1] What's wrong with this?
    [2] And you can even do multiple feetneet.
    [3] NMF.
  3. Standard memberAgerg
    The 'edit'or
    converging to it
    Moves
    31 Dec '10 20:156 edits
    Originally posted by Shallow Blue
    Certainly[1]. I fail to see the problem.[2]

Richard

[1] What's wrong with this?
    [2] And you can even do multiple feetneet.
    [3] NMF.
    Why don't you type some body of text that takes up to 20 lines or so and then add some foot notes like that; it would look horrible or too long to hold most people's attention.
    We could say to the people that want latex for setting nice maths what's wrong with, for example:

n
    ---
    \ . . . . . . a(1-r^(n+1))
    / a*r^i = ---------------
    --- . . . . . . . 1-r
    i=0

it gets the job done doesn't it!? 😕

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree