1. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    19 Jan '07 09:21
    I am rather new as a clan leader. And I need some mentoring.

I would like a new forum only accessible to Cland Leaders and Clan Leaders alone so we there can discuss topics of clan leading nature, helping each other with problems of immediate nature, how to handle challenges, recruiting issues, and such.

I know there is a forum called "Clans", but this is for everyone and things concerning clan leading in particular are seldom discussed there.

My proposition is therefore to create a new forum called "Clan Leaders Only".
  2. The Tao Temple
    Moves
    19 Jan '07 13:08
    It will result in 100 new clans overnight! Some people are so afraid of missing anything that they will create one-man-clans just so they can read stuff in the "secret forum".

It is a good idea though. You leaders should be able to share advice away from thread hijackers.
  3. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    19 Jan '07 18:01
    Originally posted by Mixo
    It will result in 100 new clans overnight! Some people are so afraid of missing anything that they will create one-man-clans just so they can read stuff in the "secret forum".

It is a good idea though. You leaders should be able to share advice away from thread hijackers.
    I didn't think of that, of course you're right. We don't want hundreds of new clans of this reasons.

But how do we sieve the serious clan leaders from the just curious ones? As being a new clan leader with a great need of mentoring, I don't have any natural place where I can get information how to lead a clan.

Well, I can always mail my fellow clan leaders and more experienced ones to ask for advice.

However, then I have to adjust my proposition to wanting a FAQ that describes in a better way how a clan best is managed.
  4. Standard memberKJCavalier
    Happier Now!!
    Home!!
    Moves
    20 Jan '07 18:341 edit
    Originally posted by FabianFnas
    I didn't think of that, of course you're right. We don't want hundreds of new clans of this reasons.

But how do we sieve the serious clan leaders from the just curious ones? As being a new clan leader with a great need of mentoring, I don't have any natural place where I can get information how to lead a clan.

Well, I can always mail my fellow clan ...[text shortened]... t my proposition to wanting a FAQ that describes in a better way how a clan best is managed.
    What I would recommend is find a clan that is fashioned the way that you would want to have your clan go.
    In essence, IVV, Metallica, Big Mistake, Jewish clan, and so on, have been geared towards high volumed games. lots of points and marching their way to the top of the clan list.
    Other clans like the Vikings, King David, or more geared for Leagues. While others still are more for the enjoyment of a common interest.

Build your clan to your liking and have fun with it.

Watch for sleepers from challenges. Those that have ratings that are far below what they should be. Try to always put out fair challenges.

In a nutshell just have fun, find a clan to make a "rival" with. Mine has the MUTI to deal with. IVV has the Dogs. This helps get your name out and get recognized.

Recruit. Develop a recruiting letter, find subscribers that you may want to have in your clan, send them the letter, and shake off any rejection you may get.

The bottom line is to have fun. don't let the "pressure" of other clans statement or rating/rank get to you. Run your clan as you want to.
  5. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    20 Jan '07 20:50
    Originally posted by KJCavalier
    What I would recommend is find a clan that is fashioned the way that you would want to have your clan go.
    In essence, IVV, Metallica, Big Mistake, Jewish clan, and so on, have been geared towards high volumed games. lots of points and marching their way to the top of the clan list.
    Other clans like the Vikings, King David, or more geared for Leagues. ...[text shortened]... pressure" of other clans statement or rating/rank get to you. Run your clan as you want to.
    Good advices, really good! Thank you for those.

I would also like to thank widget, clan leader of In Vino Veritas, who also supported my need for advice! Thanks!

Now I'm starting to know what it's all about, but if there is more good advices I need, please don't hesitate to give me more. Perhaps there are more beginner clan leader who like, me are in great need for good advice.
  6. Standard memberXanthosNZ
    Cancerous Bus Crash
    p^2.sin(phi)
    Moves
    20 Jan '07 23:57
    For British Eyes Only!

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree