1. Account suspended
    Moves
    02 Feb '15 12:281 edit
    how about clickable URL's, the ability to post video? post appropriate images? how hard can it be?
  2. SubscriberPonderableonline
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Moves
    02 Feb '15 12:32
    The question is rather: how urgent is this?

In fact I think the [ url] option in private forums is ok. In public forums we would need some administering. We have some starnge people around.
  3. Account suspended
    Moves
    02 Feb '15 13:141 edit
    Originally posted by Ponderable
    The question is rather: how urgent is this?

In fact I think the [ url] option in private forums is ok. In public forums we would need some administering. We have some starnge people around.
    Its the year 2015, most forums i visit have these features as standard. Sure you might get some trollers posting stupid stuff, but why penalise everyone because of a minority of slapheads. Are there not forum moderators who can deal with the removal on inappropriate content as soon as an objection is raised?
  4. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    02 Feb '15 16:13
    There is no technical issue with doing this.

Perhaps a trial is needed once the new code goes live to see how it works out.

A forum full of endless youtube embeds soon gets very messy though.
  5. Joined
    18 Jan '07
    Moves
    02 Feb '15 18:15
    Originally posted by Russ
    There is no technical issue with doing this.

Perhaps a trial is needed once the new code goes live to see how it works out.

A forum full of endless youtube embeds soon gets very messy though.
    Not too mention spam (we already have some, though it's soon weeded out now), Rickrolling, shock sites, and similar dangers.

And the site is based in the UK, with everything that means for Cleanfeed and similar nastiness. At the very least posts with URLs in them would probably have to be vetted before they go through, if you want to avoid Cameron's goons showing up on your doorstep one day.
  6. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    02 Feb '15 23:19
    Spam, spam, spam and spam?

Clickable links I'm not to sure about but youtube videos would be nice, very often people most links to youtube and it would be nice to see what it's about without having to copy and paste.
  7. Subscribermoonbus
    Über-Nerd
    Moves
    03 Feb '15 18:43
    Clickable links ok, but no embedded images, please. Images would be impossible to police, and we do have some weirdos here.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree