1. Standard memberDeathyx
    Brain Ninjaaa!
    Cali
    Moves
    24 Sep '08 00:29
    I know people have really been wanting the Rec count to come back, or maybe even the post count... I think I may have a resolve for both these problems...

I was thinking maybe the rec count can be brought back in an invisible manner, yet with a visible marker. Let me explain. What if we use the same (or modified) stars that are currently being used for move count and apply that to a forum rec rating, without a number ever being displayed. For instance:

0 rec: Skull
    10 rec: Under 2000 moves star
    20 rec: Over 2000 moves star
    30 rec: Over 10,000 moves star
    50 rec: Over 25,000 moves star
    100 rec: Over 50,000 moves star
    200 rec: Over 100,000 moves star

This star ranking can be displayed underneath the moves count or directly under the posters avatar 🙂

Keeping the same allocation methods for rec (30 recs in 30 days) this would alleviate any spamming for recs or anything like that.

I think this ranking system will really help distinguish trolls from exceptional posters 🙂 This will be very warming for new users, gives them an easy way to distinguish who to ask for help and such !

What do you guys think !?
  2. Standard memberDeathyx
    Brain Ninjaaa!
    Cali
    Moves
    24 Sep '08 18:06
    *bump*
  3. Joined
    22 Aug '05
    Moves
    24 Sep '08 18:123 edits
    I think no one has replied because its a bad idea. Really useless. Sorry, but that's my opinion. 😕

Edit: Are there really that many variations of the stars?
    Edit2: Would non-subs get free stars? 😵
  4. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    24 Sep '08 20:57
    Great Idea 😉 I will take my 200 rec's and be on my way. 🙂
  5. THORNINYOURSIDE
    Moves
    25 Sep '08 01:18
    Originally posted by Deathyx

I
    I think this ranking system will really help distinguish trolls from exceptional posters 🙂 This will be very warming for new users, gives them an easy way to distinguish who to ask for help and such !

What do you guys think !?
    How will it help distinguish trolls from exceptional posters?

As for asking for help from people with more rec's lol. You can tell you haven't been around long 😛
  6. Standard memberDeathyx
    Brain Ninjaaa!
    Cali
    Moves
    25 Sep '08 01:58
    Originally posted by adramforall

As for asking for help from people with more rec's lol. You can tell you haven't been around long 😛
    well, i havent been around long but i have noticed that even though recs are given for flames and such, its not an everyday occurence... So i really think this would be helpful 🙂

And trolls usually dont get recd ? trolls are usually burned alive on these forums lol...

And no... non-subs would not get free stars 😉
  7. Standard memberpawnfondler
    no edits
    Behind you
    Moves
    25 Sep '08 03:22
    something about recs just drives me crazy.
    heres an idea.
    lets get rid of it.
    and keep it gone.
  8. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    25 Sep '08 20:321 edit
    Originally posted by adramforall

It is ok we all know who the trolls are. 😛 You are always drawing attention to yourself. 😉

EDIT: Now you know you can't say I haven't been around long. 😛 😠

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree