1. Joined
    24 Oct '06
    Moves
    05 Nov '06 20:421 edit
    i think that you should give non subscirbers a like 2 month free trial thing. like 2 months where they can enter tournaments and clans and such. they do that for lots of other things like xbox live and other video games and like gyms and stuff. i think it would be cool and it would help me because i know if i had a chance to test out the things that subscribers get then it would help decide whether or not i wish to subscribe. also if this idea has already been debated or posted some where im sorry
  2. Joined
    22 Aug '05
    Moves
    05 Nov '06 21:07
    Originally posted by CndBoi
    i think that you should give non subscirbers a like 2 month free trial thing. like 2 months where they can enter tournaments and clans and such. they do that for lots of other things like xbox live and other video games and like gyms and stuff. i think it would be cool and it would help me because i know if i had a chance to test out the things that subscribe ...[text shortened]... ot i wish to subscribe. also if this idea has already been debated or posted some where im sorry
    I think there should be a 6 month free trial. 🙄
  3. Standard memberKJCavalier
    Happier Now!!
    Home!!
    Moves
    05 Nov '06 21:41
    Oh why not make it a year. no wait 2.

The layout is your free "trial" just to get a taste is the free version you are playing now. just to give you a taste of what it is like to be a subscriber. I went through the same thing when I first signed up. enjoyed the games and wanted more. so I paid the subscription, and I've enjoyed it since.

This site offers plenty for a non-sub to get the taste of this site. if you want more then pay for it like the rest of us have.
  4. Standard memberIcky Ike
    Pro-Complainer
    California
    Moves
    05 Nov '06 21:51
    I don't get it. Where I live it only costs me $30.00 a year to play. It's only 8 cents a day. That seems to me a rediculously small amount for anyone who is over 18 with a large enough interest in chess to play RHP style chess.
  5. Under the North Star
    Moves
    05 Nov '06 22:32
    This has been said before but you can also buy a subsricption for one month for 6 dollars.
  6. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    06 Nov '06 01:221 edit
    Originally posted by CndBoi
    i think that you should give non subscirbers a like 2 month free trial thing. like 2 months where they can enter tournaments and clans and such. they do that for lots of other things like xbox live and other video games and like gyms and stuff. i think it would be cool and it would help me because i know if i had a chance to test out the things that subscribe ...[text shortened]... ot i wish to subscribe. also if this idea has already been debated or posted some where im sorry
    I made my decision about 2 weeks in. All I really wanted to do was post images in my profile and forums...

If you don't know the worth of this site by sticking around, I don't see how a few tourneys and other features will help.

Plus, I'm still in the first tourney I joined at this site. 3 years full feature for free is silly.

P-
  7. The sky
    Moves
    06 Nov '06 01:33
    Originally posted by ItalyBoyBlue
    I don't get it. Where I live it only costs me $30.00 a year to play. It's only 8 cents a day. That seems to me a rediculously small amount for anyone who is over 18 with a large enough interest in chess to play RHP style chess.
    In some countries and for some people, it's a lot of money. (Of course a free trial period wouldn't solve that problem either.)
  8. Joined
    19 Sep '06
    Moves
    07 Nov '06 12:23
    Although I TOTALLY DISAGREE with the idea.... i think this forum is filled with a destructing sense of irony, and mock! (and even disrespect in some threads, although not this one..)

people are free to post ideas, give their insights, ask for things,I've seen people asking for things they saw on other sites.. (so not so much a lunatic idea) and being completely thrashed by mock replies, ironization, and such.

I think the reason for this is that a lot of the paying users, feel frustrated that they have payed, anyway its an ideas forum, and I've seen SILLY posts here, written in unreadable english, that have no productive ideas being discussed, while so many times some ideas are just left out cause lots of paying users imagine themselves as an elite of enlightened and chosen ones, that would sue the owner of the site if he gave 7 free games instead of 6....

I know its an harsh view of things, and I'm sure I'll be massively criticised for saying what i think, and i reckon its an unfair criticism to many paying users, who are nothing like i described, and nicely give their good contribute to this forum. To those my apologies.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree