1. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    13 Jul '08 18:24
    I would like a full Fisher 960 implementation here at RHP, with the complete set of rules including castling, and its own rating, and all!

If you want it too, please give this posting a your recommendation.
  2. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    or different places
    tinyurl.com/2tp8tyx8
    Moves
    13 Jul '08 18:31
    Originally posted by FabianFnas
    I would like a full Fisher 960 implementation here at RHP, with the complete set of rules including castling, and its own rating, and all!

That'd be very cool.
  3. Joined
    28 Jan '04
    Moves
    13 Jul '08 20:07

I recommend F960. In fact, I'm using the new RHP "turbo-recommend" feature to recommend it.
  4. Joined
    22 Aug '05
    Moves
    14 Jul '08 00:14

It was stated in the past that it is on the to-do list. IIRC
  5. Here
    Moves
    14 Jul '08 07:25

What is a full Fisher 960 ?
  6. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    14 Jul '08 07:271 edit
    Originally posted by padger
    What is a full Fisher 960 ?
    Fischer 960 is already implemented partly. The current one can't handle the castling rules, and it can only be played unrated.
    So I would like to have a Fischer 960 fully implemented, that's my point.
  7. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    14 Jul '08 13:26
    This time, this topic came from Chess forum, I believe users have requested this feature before, but can't (or didn't try to) find the thread.

Thread 96752

There's a new gizmo that consists of a folding chess clock that randomly generates starting positions for Fischer random chess (chess 960 as some call it). It's quite cheap as well.

http://www.newinchess.com/Shop/ProductDetails.aspx?ProductID=2534&Currency=Euro

Online Generator
    http://www.chessgames.com/perl/fischerandom
  8. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    14 Jul '08 20:36

I like the idea, rec'd!
  9. Russ's Pocket
    Moves
    14 Jul '08 23:54

rec'd.
  10. Joined
    07 Oct '05
    Moves
    06 Jan '09 21:11
    Absolutely. Playing FR makes a fascinating break from playing classical chess. I'd love to play it properly here. Would be very interesting to discover how my FR rating differed from my normal rating!
  11. Standard memberO Artem O
    ParTizan
    Philadelphia, USA
    Moves
    07 Jan '09 01:44
    yea we should push to make it rated, so we can have tournys
  12. Standard memberivan2908
    SelfProclaimedTitler
    Moves
    07 Jan '09 17:47

You 960 guys are just too fanatic. I don't consider myself stupid and I am very interested in Chess960 'cause I hate endless opening theory that kills the joy of playing chess but that chess 960 just seems way too difficult 🙁 Everytime something new, I guess you already have to think like long and develop a plan before even make move 1. (well, at least in 959 out 960 possible starts.) I would just make terrible blunders all the time. But yeah, I would like to try to play 960 against other people. So here you go your rec ; *recs*
  13. Standard memberO Artem O
    ParTizan
    Philadelphia, USA
    Moves
    07 Jan '09 18:08
    Originally posted by ivan2908
    You 960 guys are just too fanatic. I don't consider myself stupid and I am very interested in Chess960 'cause I hate endless opening theory that kills the joy of playing chess but that chess 960 just seems way too difficult 🙁 Everytime something new, I guess you already have to think like long and develop a plan before even make move 1. (well, at least in ...[text shortened]... t yeah, I would like to try to play 960 against other people. So here you go your rec ; *recs*
    if u want ill play just challenge me, but you cant castle in 960 🙁

Thread 106301
  14. Joined
    21 Nov '07
    Moves
    07 Jan '09 18:18

Sounds fischy to me. 😠
  15. Standard memberzakkwylder
    Mouth for war
    Burlington, KY
    Moves
    10 Jan '09 13:12
    Originally posted by Jigtie
    Sounds fischy to me. 😠
    I see what you did there.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree