Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Site Ideas Forum

Site Ideas Forum

  1. 18 Feb '06 17:59
    If someone wanted to check or have an opponents performance checked over if engine use was 'suspected'? Wouldn't it just seem like sour grapes, especially if they had just beaten you? If you don't have a fritz, or whatever the others are called, how could you get their game/s analysed?
    It would be good if we could submit games for analysing anonymously - but I guess that would cause far too much work for the analysts.

    Maybe some of the competent players here could volunteer as analyst helpers for the mods to at least establish if there is a case to answer? Then the game mods could take over and do as they normally do.

    Just a thought.
  2. Standard member Freddie2008
    9 Edits
    18 Feb '06 19:53
    Originally posted by Dr Strangelove
    If someone wanted to check or have an opponents performance checked over if engine use was 'suspected'? Wouldn't it just seem like sour grapes, especially if they had just beaten you? If you don't have a fritz, or whatever the others are called, how could you get their game/s analysed?
    It would be good if we could submit games for analysing anonym ...[text shortened]... to answer? Then the game mods could take over and do as they normally do.

    Just a thought.
    Competent players, who own engines and do post game analysis are usually the ones who submit their suspicions to the mods, with evidence no doubt.
  3. Subscriber cashthetrash
    PoPeYe
    18 Feb '06 19:54
    That sounds like a good idea to me would you be willing to volunteer?
  4. 18 Feb '06 20:54
    Originally posted by cashthetrash
    That sounds like a good idea to me would you be willing to volunteer?
    If you mean me -
    1. I wouldn't have a clue how to go about analysing games with fritz [or whatever]
    2. I ain't competent enough a player.*
    3. I don't have an analysing machine.

    *Though I have played a few suspicious [to me] players.

    nb. I don't mean you cashthetrash.
  5. 18 Feb '06 21:22
    Originally posted by Dr Strangelove
    If you mean me -
    1. I wouldn't have a clue how to go about analysing games with fritz [or whatever]
    2. I ain't competent enough a player.*
    3. I don't have an analysing machine.

    *Though I have played a few suspicious [to me] players.

    nb. I don't mean you cashthetrash.
    your ratings went up a bit, hhmmmm

    did you ever play meman?
  6. 18 Feb '06 22:25 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by trevor33
    ..did you ever play meman?
    Nope.
    Did you?

    What are you implying?
  7. Subscriber cashthetrash
    PoPeYe
    18 Feb '06 22:31
    Originally posted by Dr Strangelove
    Nope.
    Did you?

    What are you implying?
    Darn try to be helpful and see what happens. Haha. You seem competent to me. But then I don't know what it takes either. I was hoping you could get training. I trust you.
  8. 18 Feb '06 22:53
    Originally posted by Dr Strangelove
    Nope.
    Did you?
    yes, but i don't think he cheated, i played worst than a blind rat on heroin so he didn't need too cheat.
  9. 18 Feb '06 22:55
    Originally posted by Dr Strangelove
    What are you implying?
    nothing, just wanted to know if you had played anyone who thought cheated, and i knew meman got kicked off for engine use.
  10. 19 Feb '06 12:46
    There is no way to tell if people cheat really.

    But whoever was asking about analysing.

    I have chessmaster 10th addition and i use it sometimes to analyse a good game. It takes a while though.

    Usualy I set it on 10 to 15 seconds per move.

    If you have a game you want analyzed Ill do one for you...
    only if someone can tell me how to copy a game to chessmaster without moving the pieces manualy.

    anyone use chassmaster?
  11. 19 Feb '06 22:46
    Originally posted by MikeBruce

    If you have a game you want analyzed Ill do one for you...
    only if someone can tell me how to copy a game to chessmaster without moving the pieces manualy.

    anyone use chassmaster?
    Dunno how to do that either.