1. Standard memberimpatient
    Big Cheese
    Pacific NW
    Moves
    02 Oct '06 19:24
    When I am using the game analysis board to try out some moves or strategy - it would be great to be able to reverse moves. i.e. You are trying something about, and after about 5 moves into it, you want to back up a move or two. Or once you find something that works, you moves where kept track of on the screen. Obviously memory or writing them down works, but when you are trying several different scenarios - lots to remember or write down that you may not even use.

Charlie
  2. Standard memberRamned
    The Rams
    Moves
    02 Oct '06 22:421 edit
    the first one already is featured. At the top of the analysis screen, you click "previous position" and it takes you 1 move back (the move YOU projected, not the actual move)
  3. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    03 Oct '06 00:02
    Originally posted by impatient
    When I am using the game analysis board to try out some moves or strategy - it would be great to be able to reverse moves. i.e. You are trying something about, and after about 5 moves into it, you want to back up a move or two. Or once you find something that works, you moves where kept track of on the screen. Obviously memory or writing them down works ...[text shortened]... veral different scenarios - lots to remember or write down that you may not even use.

Charlie
    Do a search for Winboard.

Get it

Load your PGN.

Make some moves....

Find a new line?

Open Winboard again

Load your PGN

Make some moves.

You can save them, or paste results to your RHP notebook... etc.

It is a great little simple tool, and I find it much better than the analysis board because I can have more than one open per line, and I can also save the text or the PGN if I so desire.

Here is a link, since you are impatient:

http://www.tim-mann.org/chess.html

P-
  4. Standard memberimpatient
    Big Cheese
    Pacific NW
    Moves
    04 Oct '06 18:05
    Originally posted by Phlabibit
    Do a search for Winboard.

Get it

Load your PGN.

Make some moves....

Find a new line?

Open Winboard again

Load your PGN

Make some moves.

You can save them, or paste results to your RHP notebook... etc.

It is a great little simple tool, and I find it much better than the analysis board because I can have more than one open per lin ...[text shortened]... desire.

Here is a link, since you are impatient:

http://www.tim-mann.org/chess.html

P-
    very helpful - thanks

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree