1. Standard memberDaemon Sin
    I'm A Mighty Pirateā„¢
    PaTROLLING the forum
    Moves
    03 Aug '10 20:10
    Originally posted by avalanchethecat
    This 'games explorer' sounds interesting - where do I find that then?
    http://www.redhotpawn.com/gamesexplorer/

Replace www.rehotpawn.com with whatever version of the site you use.
  2. Standard memberavalanchethecat
    Not actually a cat
    The Flat Earth
    Moves
    03 Aug '10 20:14
    Originally posted by Daemon Sin
    http://www.redhotpawn.com/gamesexplorer/

Replace www.rehotpawn.com with whatever version of the site you use.
    I'm on redhotpawn.com anyway - is there no menu option way of getting there?
  3. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    03 Aug '10 20:32
    Originally posted by avalanchethecat
    I'm on redhotpawn.com anyway - is there no menu option way of getting there?
    Firefox and greasemonkey RHP scripts gives you a single click from your active game.

If Russ is updating it, I'm sure he'll put it in the menus... I would hope.
  4. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    06 Aug '10 16:57
    Originally posted by cheshirecatstevens
    Is that a "Russ month", or an earth month one lunar cycle and all that?
    Most of the grunt work for the game annotation feature is complete already, so this will be rolled out towards the end of next week. (Still plenty to do)

The game explorer will be considerably more effort, with a complete rewrite planned, so no promises on delivery of that, but I'm optimistic that it won't be too long.
  5. Standard membernimzo5
    Ronin
    Hereford Boathouse
    Moves
    12 Aug '10 15:46
    The games explorer is a pretty key function for CC chess.
  6. Standard memberclandarkfire
    Grammar Nazi
    Auschwitz
    Moves
    17 Aug '10 13:53
    Originally posted by Russ
    Most of the grunt work for the game annotation feature is complete already, so this will be rolled out towards the end of next week. (Still plenty to do)
    Well?
  7. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    17 Aug '10 16:512 edits
    Just testing. I had a bit of "feature creep" at the end there. No more though, so I'll make live once tested, and evolve the feature from there once I get some feedback.
  8. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    19 Aug '10 11:493 edits

This is now released, coupled with an improved PGN browser for the forums (it now supports annotated games, unsurprisingly). Although it is live, it is not very well integrated with the site right now, but you can access it when viewing any game history, and using the game annotations link.

So, if you want to annotate your own game you will need to use the game history page to access the annotate game link from there. An option to annotate right from the board as you move will be added later.
  9. Pale Blue Dot
    Moves
    19 Aug '10 12:24
    Originally posted by Russ

This is now released, coupled with an improved PGN browser for the forums (it now supports annotated games, unsurprisingly). Although it is live, it is not very well integrated with the ...[text shortened]... me link from there. An option to annotate right from the board as you move will be added later.
    an improved PGN browser for the forums

Thanks, Russ.

One useful thing missing from the browser is an analysis board. If you want to play around with the pieces you have to export the pgn into Winboard or etc. Is it possible to replace the Start Game button with an Analyse Board button?

Why would you want to start a new game from the browser anyway?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree