1. SubscriberBigDoggProblem
    The Advanced Mind
    bigdogghouse.com/RHP
    Moves
    21 Sep '06 17:23
    I salute the recent changes to the rec system. Obviously, subscribers can't be trusted to recommend things that are actually worth a recommendation. Better to treat them like the children they are. Takes care of the inter-clan-rec'ing problem nicely, too. Now, a clan can only give itself 200 recs a month. 200 recs is barely noticeable, given that some of these mutual backslappers have thousands...err...oops, they all have zero now. Aack. Just strike this whole paragraph. 😳

Also, getting rid of "Meet Opponents" was a great move. I'm so sick of guys pretending to be young, hott, chess-playing females looking for action. Now there is nowhere else for these types to turn, so they'll give up this source of amusement. They'll never think to try it in the General forum.

In that spirit, the Debates forum needs to go, STAT! The average RHP poster is not self-controlled enough to enter a heated political debate without resorting to vile insults and racism. It's also not possible for the average RHP reader to skip those posts and instead read the posts of more thoughtful, less hateful users.

While we're at it, we should delete the Spirituality forum. Nothing there but the same ol' tired arguments: Christian vs. Atheist, Evolution v. Creation, Abortion, etc. Again, the average RHP user can't be trusted to debate such things rationally; the topics turn into ugly insulting contests rather quickly.

Given this disturbing trend of obvious forum abuse across many different forums, a case can be made that RHP users shouldn't have forums at all.

This failed effort to treat RHP users like adults must end.
  2. Standard memberRed Night
    RHP Prophet
    pursuing happiness
    Moves
    21 Sep '06 17:54
    Originally posted by BigDoggProblem
    a case can be made that RHP users shouldn't have forums at all.
    And I think you made the case well.
  3. Joined
    03 Sep '03
    Moves
    21 Sep '06 21:19
    I salute the recent changes to the rec system. Obviously, subscribers can't be trusted to recommend things that are actually worth a recommendation. Better to treat them like the children they are. Takes care of the inter-clan-rec'ing problem nicely, too. Now, a clan can only give itself 200 recs a month. 200 recs is barely noticeable, given that some ...[text shortened]... t have forums at all.

Alternately, If you don't like a particular forum, you *could* not bother reading it.

Let's not have RHP go the way of gameknot. Those forums are lame.

I assume your post was dripping with sarcasm, but I don't really care.
  4. Joined
    22 Aug '05
    Moves
    21 Sep '06 21:29
    Now, a clan can only give itself 200 recs a month. 200 recs is barely noticeable, given that some of these mutual backslappers have thousands.
    IMO.

Clan members should not be able to rec each other - I hear some clan leaders have this admirable policy in place already [others obviously don't] - why not disable self-clan-recommendations altogether?
  5. Standard memberRookRAK
    Out of drinks
    On Clique Beach
    Moves
    21 Sep '06 23:17
    I salute the recent changes to the rec system. Obviously, subscribers can't be trusted to recommend things that are actually worth a recommendation. Better to treat them like the children they are. Takes care of the inter-clan-rec'ing problem nicely, too. Now, a clan can only give itself 200 recs a month. 200 recs is barely noticeable, given that some ...[text shortened]... t have forums at all.

I says we get rid of "Site Ideas"
  6. SubscriberBigDoggProblem
    The Advanced Mind
    bigdogghouse.com/RHP
    Moves
    22 Sep '06 05:29
    Originally posted by tmetzler
    Alternately, If you don't like a particular forum, you *could* not bother reading it.

Let's not have RHP go the way of gameknot. Those forums are [b]lame

I assume your post was dripping with sarcasm, but I don't really care.[/b]

No, I'm on a mission from God to stamp out all the hatred in the world and every single offensive post makes me cringe and I just can't go on living unless RHP does something to avoid offending my delicate sensibilities.

Let's not have RHP go the way of gameknot. Those forums are lame.

What's that? Out of arguments? Back to insulting the crippled people again?? What did they ever do to you? That's it, nuke the Site Ideas forum.

I assume your post was dripping with sarcasm, but I don't really care.

I, on the other hand, am extremely emotionally invested in the matter. Please, stop, before you hurt my feelings.
  7. SubscriberBigDoggProblem
    The Advanced Mind
    bigdogghouse.com/RHP
    Moves
    22 Sep '06 05:30
    Originally posted by RookRAK
    I says we get rid of "Site Ideas"
    Rec----err......Seconded.

Or better yet

Big Dogg Collar of Affirmation