1. Joined
    22 Aug '05
    Moves
    03 Aug '09 15:071 edit
    I suggest that a forum where grievances and complaints can be made without the threat of banning being held over the poster.

Thanks.

Another idea I have is that we can delete our own threads if no-one has replied.
  2. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    03 Aug '09 15:33
    Originally posted by Dr Strangelove
    I suggest that a forum where grievances and complaints can be made without the threat of banning being held over the poster.

Thanks.

Another idea I have is that we can delete our own threads if no-one has replied.
    It was done some years back, and a disaster.
  3. SubscriberMctayto
    Highlander
    Planet Earth
    Moves
    03 Aug '09 20:48
    The ability to delete our own thread or post may be worthy though
  4. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    03 Aug '09 20:52
    If I am about to give an answer to a thread, making a lot of research, using a lot of time writing my answer, and produce a rather lengthly and necessary answer, and find that I cannot submit my opus because the thread is not there anymore - I would be quite mad.

I think that this idea is a bad idea.

A better one would be: "... we can delete our own threads if no-one has yet read it."
  5. Joined
    17 Jun '09
    Moves
    03 Aug '09 21:23
    Originally posted by FabianFnas
    If I am about to give an answer to a thread, making a lot of research, using a lot of time writing my answer, and produce a rather lengthly and necessary answer, and find that I cannot submit my opus because the thread is not there anymore - I would be quite mad.

I think that this idea is a bad idea.

A better one would be: "... we can delete our own threads if no-one has [b]yet read it.
    "[/b]
    How do you know if somebody read it?
  6. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    04 Aug '09 06:15
    Originally posted by daniel58
    How do you know if somebody read it?
    I don't, the system knows.
    If it cannot, then I think the idea is bad enough to go down the drain.

I certainly don't want to write anything as an answer to the first posting of a thread if I'm cannot be sure that the thread will be still there when I submit my text.
  7. Joined
    22 Aug '05
    Moves
    04 Aug '09 10:56

I certainly don't want to write anything as an answer to the first posting of a thread if I'm cannot be sure that the thread will be still there when I submit my text.
    That scenario is a very unlikely one. I would envisage the 'delete thread option' would hardly ever be used - but there are certainly occasions when it would help.
  8. SubscriberMctayto
    Highlander
    Planet Earth
    Moves
    04 Aug '09 11:25
    I guess using the edit and deleting the content is as much as you will ever see on that front
  9. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    04 Aug '09 18:25
    That scenario is a very unlikely one. I would envisage the 'delete thread option' would hardly ever be used - but there are certainly occasions when it would help.
    I've experienced already here at RHP. I've written a lengthly response to a posting, only to find that the thread is gone when I submited it. At more than one occation.

Very controversial threads are sometimes interferred by the moderators as they progress. If moderators deletes threads from time to time, then how often will threads be deleted if any thread-creator can?

I say no. The only ones that should be able to delete a thread is the moderator, noone else.
  10. Joined
    22 Aug '05
    Moves
    04 Aug '09 19:22
    I've experienced already here at RHP. I've written a lengthly response to a posting, only to find that the thread is gone when I submited it. At more than one occation.

Very controversial threads are sometimes interferred by the moderators as they progress. If moderators deletes threads from time to time, then how often will threads be deleted if any t ...[text shortened]...
    I say no. The only ones that should be able to delete a thread is the moderator, noone else.
    The difference, and a massive one, is that a moderator can delete a thread at any time - my system would require that it had not been replied to. Hence there would be a split second when your position would occur, if you hit 'reply' before I hit 'delete', yours would be posted..
  11. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    04 Aug '09 19:42
    The difference, and a massive one, is that a moderator can delete a thread at any time - my system would require that it had not been replied to. Hence there would be a split second when your position would occur, if you hit 'reply' before I hit 'delete', yours would be posted..
    Your opinion is fine. My opinion is fine. They are not just the same.
  12. Joined
    22 Aug '05
    Moves
    05 Aug '09 10:09
    Your opinion is fine. My opinion is fine. They are not just the same.
    Fair enough. 🙂

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree