Holidays

Holidays

Site Ideas

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

m
Ajarn

Wat?

Moves
14 Mar 10

We should be able to adjust holidays from days to hours. When we come back from a needed visit, and we have some hours remaining (or days), we should be able to redeem them. In that way we can use our limited holidays, and sometimes necessary short runs, to the best of what is on offer.

I came back from a needed family problem and couldn't control my transport. I did manage to get back early. I still have holiday as I write now, yet I can't redeem it for future use.

A computerised clock is not difficult to manipulate.

We could all have more time to vacate and not risk games, if it were better controlled with more options available.

Australia

Moves
14 Mar 10

It adds to the problem when your timezone differs significantly from GMT, and you have to give away extra days each time to cover that. Making it hours rather than days would help reduce that loss, too.

F

Moves
15 Mar 10

I agree completely. Vacation reservation should be on hourly basis.
Also that it can be released to normal state whenever you want, like when you return to your computer.

Further: I would like the 36 days limit should be redefined as 36 days the within the last 365 days. Not as it is now: The calendar year, from jan 1st to dec 31st.

(I also propose that everyone should have the same timeout immunity, not only subs. But I seem to be in minority in this question, so I just mention it.)

chemist

Linkenheim

Moves
15 Mar 10

Indeed I suppport:

* same amount of vacation to everybody. There is no disadvantage to the other users I am aware of.
* making vacation time dependend on the passed year (avoiding people taking 36 days off end of Novemver and 36 beginning of january).
* Possibility to take down the vacation sign (with loss of the remaining day) after moving in the critical games.

* If we account for vacation time by hour it should be reduced IMVHO.

a

THORNINYOURSIDE

Moves
15 Mar 10

Originally posted by FabianFnas
I agree completely. Vacation reservation should be on hourly basis.
Also that it can be released to normal state whenever you want, like when you return to your computer.

Further: I would like the 36 days limit should be redefined as 36 days the within the last 365 days. Not as it is now: The calendar year, from jan 1st to dec 31st.

(I also propose ...[text shortened]... t immunity, not only subs. But I seem to be in minority in this question, so I just mention it.)
A big fat resounding NO to hourly vacation time. Far too much hassle.

Don't see a reason to change it to 36 days in last 365 days. Leave it as it is running on a calendar year basis - same for everybody.

Its a subscriber only benefit so it will not be changed to allow non subs to benefit. It gets non subs an additional reason to subscribe.

I just wish it had never been brought to site in first place. Move within the agreed time controls or risk being timed out would have saved all the hassle that the vacation time has created.

T

Moves
16 Mar 10

Originally posted by adramforall

Don't see a reason to change it to 36 days in last 365 days. Leave it as it is running on a calendar year basis - same for everybody.

Its a subscriber only benefit so it will not be changed to allow non subs to benefit. It gets non subs an additional reason to subscribe.

I ...[text shortened]... ols or risk being timed out would have saved all the hassle that the vacation time has created.
I still think we should be able to set up games and tourneys with a no vacation time option. Also, everyone should be able to view other players vacation time controls. I hate that every time control on here is shown to everyone except players vacation time.

I don't see the harm in the hourly change - this makes a lot of sense to me. Yearly - hmmmm - not sure. Would'nt that mean that if you had say a full 36 days of vacation time left and you booked it all that by the time this was running out that you would have accrued a couple of extra days thereby extending your possible vacation allowance and exstention? Not sure I like that. The idea of people having 40 or so days of vacation to use at once seems a little much.

Vacation should only be for subs. There need to be real reasons for people to subscribe so the site can actually exsist. Also, how annoying would it be to play a provisional player who immedidately puts on there vacation time and then never makes a move anyway. It would suck.

m
Ajarn

Wat?

Moves
03 Apr 10
1 edit

Why? We often get work committments which desire uncontrolled time.

As a responsible player, we commit and set a vacation. If we are lucky, and come back prior to that time, we should be able to redeem those times - IN HOURS!

If you are told you have to go away for 3 days, and set that time as RHP vacation, but then come back the next day, or mid-day......... surely you should be able to redeem those days, or half-days?

Why do you disagree with such a simple requirement? Clocks on computers are very very easy to control; and it's not a big task to change!

Edit: And to add to that, as Kewpie righly pointed - WE DON'T all live in GMT - Like you do!! Consider that please.........

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
05 Apr 10

I ...[text shortened]... ols or risk being timed out would have saved all the hassle that the vacation time has created.
I fully concur with all but your last statement.

Vacation time has been a boon to most players, but it shouldn't be more complicated than it needs to be.

m
Ajarn

Wat?

Moves
05 Apr 10

Originally posted by Suzianne
I fully concur with all but your last statement.

Vacation time has been a boon to most players, but it shouldn't be more complicated than it needs to be.
If it was set hourly, it wouldn't be complicated at all. We get home and undo the holiday we overbooked just in case of unknowns!

E.g. Somebody's in hospital and you have to do a long run. You deal with issues quicker than expected and get home to find you have a day and 4 hours left of ticking holiday :- That could be redeemed, and saved for future use.

What's so complicated about that????????????????????????????????????????