1. Subscribermoonbus
    Über-Nerd
    Moves
    24 Dec '16 09:10
    Let's talk about bias, shall we?

Shortcircuit has publicly stated that he considers it fair to resign games, regardless of board position, as soon as it becomes clear that his clan has won a challenge. In any professionally organized team tourney, under the aegis of FIDE or USCF, the resigning of games regardless of board position is expressly forbidden and any team found to be practising this would be disqualified. Which just goes to show a) that some people here have a different idea of fairness than others, and b) that the RHP clan system is not professionally organized.
  2. Subscribershortcircuit
    master of disaster
    funny farm
    Moves
    24 Dec '16 15:10
    Originally posted by moonbus
    Whoa, nelly, gifting points to Metallica, simply to defeat Robbie and co.? In the immortal words of John McEnroe, you cannot be serious!
    We don't need ANY gifted points. We earned ALL of our points.

Just remove the points that were awarded by collusion with the three sister clans.
    That will paint the TRUE story of the results.

Hope that relatively simple concept didn't explode your brain genius!!
  3. Subscribershortcircuit
    master of disaster
    funny farm
    Moves
    24 Dec '16 15:16

Shortcircuit has publicly stated that he considers it fair to resign games, regardless of board position, as soon as it becomes clear that his clan has won a challenge. In any professionally organized team tourney, under the aegis of FIDE or USCF, the resigning of games regardless of board position is expressly forbidden ...[text shortened]... t idea of fairness than others, and b) that the RHP clan system is not professionally organized.
    You are the one with bias because YOU cannot grasp the rationale.
    You seem to hold yourself in higher esteem than I hold you.
    You are dead wrong if you say this practice doesn't happen OTB as well.
    I played OTB tournaments for several years, and it DID occur.

Last, clan chess is not played under the same guise as OTB anyway.
    Why in the world would you pick and choose which tweaks you don't like?
    Who died and left you in charge anyway?

I took the time to explain to you, in detail, the full rationale and thought process.
    YOU chose to twist the remarks to fit your bitch session.
    I give you zero credibility for that.
  4. Subscriberroma45
    st johnstone
    Moves
    24 Dec '16 15:551 edit
    Originally posted by roma45
    [b]personally i would hope fairness and integrity would be more important than revenue.

This has proven to be a vain hope.

... two clans did the same last year both got suspended the same lot plus a few others are doing the same again but on a bigger scale but nothing is being donesame with the page one engine ...[text shortened]... or correct the corrupted data. Suspending them again won't fix those problems this time either.
    I totally disagree every time a clan is seen to be obviously collusion just remove their points no suspension
    Give all players a warning some will play not knowing what's going on
    If admin waste the cheats time and effort it will stop
    Easy solution to the problem

I play over the board in tournaments do three or four congresses a year I can re-sign any time no rule against it same on here it's not illegal but when players do it all the time to hand one clan points that's cheating in my eyes
  5. Here
    Moves
    24 Dec '16 16:21
    I totally disagree every time a clan is seen to be obviously collusion just remove their points no suspension
    Give all players a warning some will play not knowing what's going on
    If admin waste the cheats time and effort it will stop
    Easy solution to the problem

I play over the board in tournaments do three or four congresses a year I can re-sign any ...[text shortened]... t illegal but when players do it all the time to hand one clan points that's cheating in my eyes
    What about throwing games so that your TER is low to win Tournaments ?
    Mctayto does it to gain an advantage in both cases
  6. Subscribermoonbus
    Über-Nerd
    Moves
    24 Dec '16 18:301 edit
    Shortcircuit> "I took the time to explain to you, in detail, the full rationale and thought process."

Your "full rationale" is self-serving sophistry. The effect is the same as sandbagging. When a player throws a game which might have been won or drawn, had it been played out, the effect is that that player's rating is artificially lowered. When that player plays the next challenge, his rating no longer accurately reflects his true playing strength; that gives him an unfair advantage over an opponent in the next challenge whose rating has not been artificially lowered. If you don't want to call that by the name "sandbagging", that's your terminological ploy, but it's not fooling anyone.

I do not know whether Wycombe approves the practise of dropping games regardless of board position, as you do. That is why I refrained from mentioning them in the same breath as Metallica.

EDIT: "We don't need ANY gifted points. We earned ALL of our points.
    Just remove the points that were awarded by collusion with the three sister clans."

No one is accusing Metallica of collusion or of having been spoon-fed any points. That is a separate issue.
  7. Standard memberBigDogg
    Secret RHP coder
    on the payroll
    Moves
    24 Dec '16 20:50

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

8. Joined
    07 Feb '09
    Moves
    26 Dec '16 19:441 edit

Shortcircuit has publicly stated that he considers it fair to resign games, regardless of board position, as soon as it becomes clear that his clan has won a challenge. In any professionally organized team tourney, under the aegis of FIDE or USCF, the resigning of games regardless of board position is expressly forbidden ...[text shortened]... t idea of fairness than others, and b) that the RHP clan system is not professionally organized.
    I do not recall such a remark.
    I do believe that some may have taken a remark concerning decided challenges out of context.

In our clan, we have a philosophy that we fight games to the end.
    We will resign games that we are already losing if a challenge is decided.
    Or agree to draws if a game is even.

We do not toss games we are clearly winning.

As part of clan strategy, we and other clans will finish challenges to make room for new challenges.

Clan leaders do consider game load for each player in their clans.
    That is normal for every clan.

I would not be surprised that the usual malcontents have misrepresented a simple fact like this to be something else to suit their own paranoia about clans.

And it appears that you have bought into that.
  9. Subscribermoonbus
    Über-Nerd
    Moves
    27 Dec '16 17:17
    Originally posted by mghrn55
    I do not recall such a remark.
    I do believe that some may have taken a remark concerning decided challenges out of context.

In our clan, we have a philosophy that we fight games to the end.
    We will resign games that we are already losing if a challenge is decided.
    Or agree to draws if a game is even.

We do not toss games we are clearly winning.

A ...[text shortened]... else to suit their own paranoia about clans.

And it appears that you have bought into that.
    It was not my intention to malign you or your clan.

Regarding your opening statements of this thread, "If we are paying money for this, we are getting screwed. There is a contract to provide service that is severely lacking in some areas," I agree; people who are paying money for this service are not getting good value for money, and before I pay for this service I expect a higher standard to be declared and enforced.

I favor adopting the same standards which are set and enforced by internationally recognized bodies, such as USCF and FIDE. How that would be implemented at RHP should not be the problem of the paying customers.
  10. Standard memberBigDogg
    Secret RHP coder
    on the payroll
    Moves
    27 Dec '16 18:47
    Here are two games by a Metallica member that seem like obvious sandbagging. They were called on it, but no explanation was offered.

Game 11547038
    Game 11539883
  11. Subscriberroma45
    st johnstone
    Moves
    27 Dec '16 19:46
    Originally posted by BigDoggProblem
    [b]Here are two games by a Metallica member that seem like obvious sandbagging. They were called on it, but no explanation was offered
    seems one of your clans likes the free points
    Game 11812033

Game 11812032 when ONE MOVE from winning, mctayto has done that hundreds of times normally against the easy riders but if you can get some free i assume your clan takes it?

not against the rules for any player to resign, but come on collusion is a no go
  12. Standard memberBigDogg
    Secret RHP coder
    on the payroll
    Moves
    27 Dec '16 20:04
    seems one of your clans likes the free points
    Game 11812033

Game 11812032 when ONE MOVE from winning, mctayto has done that hundreds of times normally against the easy riders but if you can get some free i assume your clan takes it?

not against the rules for any player to resign, but come on collusion is a no go
    That's just a deflection. Of course McT sandbags. He even says so in his profile. I don't approve of his behavior.
  13. Subscribershortcircuit
    master of disaster
    funny farm
    Moves
    27 Dec '16 21:55
    Shortcircuit> "I took the time to explain to you, in detail, the full rationale and thought process."

Your "full rationale" is self-serving sophistry. The effect is the same as sandbagging. When a player throws a game which might have been won or drawn, had it been played out, the effect is that that player's rating is artificially lowered. ...[text shortened]... ccusing Metallica of collusion or of having been spoon-fed any points. That is a separate issue.
    That is YOUR summation of what the intention is, but not my intention.
    You can't seem to grasp the simplest of concepts.
    IF I wanted to accomplish sandbagging, why not follow the perfect sandbagger, McTayto?
    It is all to easy to see and to do. Yet, we don't do that.
    What other possible reason would I have except for the one I had, and have professed
    on multiple occasions?

You cannot come up with anything except to call it sandbagging??
    Not the sharpest tack in the pack then, are you??
  14. Subscribershortcircuit
    master of disaster
    funny farm
    Moves
    27 Dec '16 21:59
    Originally posted by BigDoggProblem
    Here are two games by a Metallica member that seem like obvious sandbagging. They were called on it, but no explanation was offered.

Game 11547038
    Game 11539883
    Read my reply to moonbus.
    You people need to learn to think outside of the box a bit.
    Or else pay attention to the multitude of times I have responded to this query,
    with all responses being the same.
  15. Subscribermoonbus
    Über-Nerd
    Moves
    27 Dec '16 23:28
    Originally posted by shortcircuit
    That is YOUR summation of what the intention is, but not my intention.
    You can't seem to grasp the simplest of concepts.
    IF I wanted to accomplish sandbagging, why not follow the perfect sandbagger, McTayto?
    It is all to easy to see and to do. Yet, we don't do that.
    What other possible reason would I have except for the one I had, and have professed ...[text shortened]... ith anything except to call it sandbagging??
    Not the sharpest tack in the pack then, are you??
    I do not for a moment suppose that sandbagging is what you want to accomplish. I presume that what you want to accomplish is the continuance of Metallica's winning streak.

You can waffle on all you want about the professed intentions behind your methods, it's irrelevant; the effect is the same. There is not a level playing field here, and you figured out a clever way to exploit that without being too obvious about it. The Robbie-McTayto confederacy extrapolated your methods to the n-th degree and tilted the field so much that no one could ignore it any more.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree