Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Site Ideas Forum

Site Ideas Forum

  1. Standard member Vovochka
    Caro-Kann Lover
    03 Jun '06 07:45
    I think that in order to reduce the number of 1-man clans, there must be a rule that lets to set only 2-man challenges or more.
    Of course any new clan will start from one person, but it won't be able to issue or receive challenges until it has additional member.
  2. 03 Jun '06 12:15
    ...( cries )....
  3. Subscriber huckleberryhound
    Devout Agnostic.
    03 Jun '06 12:50
    Originally posted by Vovochka
    I think that in order to reduce the number of 1-man clans, there must be a rule that lets to set only 2-man challenges or more.
    Of course any new clan will start from one person, but it won't be able to issue or receive challenges until it has additional member.
    we were all one man clans at some point matey.

    I used to use my clan to get games, and found it a very good way to meet opponents in a competative enviroment.

    one man clans are good for the game.

    even reinfeld
  4. Standard member Vovochka
    Caro-Kann Lover
    03 Jun '06 15:12
    Originally posted by huckleberryhound
    we were all one man clans at some point matey.

    I used to use my clan to get games, and found it a very good way to meet opponents in a competative enviroment.

    one man clans are good for the game.

    even reinfeld
    There are other ways to get individual challenges:
    -open invites
    -messaging
    -"meet opponents" section in forums

    Idea of clans implies something different than 1 vs. 1 challenges.
  5. Subscriber huckleberryhound
    Devout Agnostic.
    03 Jun '06 15:20
    Originally posted by Vovochka
    There are other ways to get individual challenges:
    -open invites
    -messaging
    -"meet opponents" section in forums

    Idea of clans implies something different than 1 vs. 1 challenges.
    You've given no reason why one man clans should be gotten rid of?

    is this just you showing off because you have a full clan?

  6. Subscriber noxidjkram
    Anal(yst) Programmer
    03 Jun '06 16:37
    Originally posted by Vovochka
    I think that in order to reduce the number of 1-man clans, there must be a rule that lets to set only 2-man challenges or more.
    Of course any new clan will start from one person, but it won't be able to issue or receive challenges until it has additional member.
    Being the leader of The One Man Clan, i'd disagree with this notion.

    Clans are just a bit of fun - if you dont want to accept a one-man-clan challenge, then delete it.

    M
  7. Standard member Vovochka
    Caro-Kann Lover
    03 Jun '06 19:55
    Originally posted by huckleberryhound
    You've given no reason why one man clans should be gotten rid of?

    is this just you showing off because you have a full clan?

    That's strange - seems that I overrated IQ of some people on this site ( if of course you don't measure IQ by demagogy ).
  8. Subscriber huckleberryhound
    Devout Agnostic.
    03 Jun '06 20:18
    Originally posted by Vovochka
    That's strange - seems that I overrated IQ of some people on this site ( if of course you don't measure IQ by demagogy ).
    possibly, or maybe you just overrated your ability to offend.


    regardless, your idea has no merit. sorry bout that.
  9. Standard member KJCavalier
    Happier Now!!
    03 Jun '06 20:43
    I disagree with this idea as well. as the leader with 19 members in my clan. You shouldn't stop clans from forming even with 1 member. Some clan leaders only want 1 member, while others aren't really sure as to how they should recruit new members for their clan and thus take a while to get some.
    Having the challenges go out to other clans from these 1 member clans gives them the opportunity to get their clan name out. and thus see if there is an interest in their clan. as well as help from other clan leaders as to how to recruit for their clan. I know that is how I was able to build up my clan and I am certain a few other clans bult this way too.