1. Standard memberRavello
    The RudeĀ©
    who knows?
    Moves
    02 Jan '06 02:22
    I believe that it should be good to implement something which makes you country flag impossible to change ,since it is often done to enter tournaments like Emisphere,GrandContinent,etc.etc.....
    E.G.:when you register the principle shoud be the same as the one used for username :"you will not be able to change your flag after the registration".
    Then why someone would change his flag if not for fishy purposes like entering tournaments he's not eligible for?
  2. Joined
    27 Jan '05
    Moves
    02 Jan '06 12:10
    I have recently changed my flag.

I was displaying the flag of Wales, the country of my birth, but I have recently changed it to Ireland, as this is the country of my ancestors, and also the country for which I wouldplay international sports, such as football (if by some miracle I suddenly became good enough).

But I agree, it is not fair to change a flag just to enter a tournament, and the flag that a person displays should be for legitimate reasons.

I suppose, technically, I could also display the english flag, as I live in England, and always have done.
  3. Joined
    12 Jun '05
    Moves
    02 Jan '06 13:26
    Originally posted by MRoberts
    I have recently changed my flag.

I was displaying the flag of Wales, the country of my birth, but I have recently changed it to Ireland, as this is the country of my ancestors, and also the country for which I wouldplay international sports, such as football (if by some miracle I suddenly became good enough).

But I agree, it is not fair to change a f ...[text shortened]... technically, I could also display the english flag, as I live in England, and always have done.
    You should be able to change by negotiation with the site admins, IF you have a good reason.

No one should be compelled to display a flag, of course.
  4. Home
    Moves
    03 Jan '06 21:231 edit
    Originally posted by dottewell
    You should be able to change by negotiation with the site admins, IF you have a good reason.

No one should be compelled to display a flag, of course.
    Do you know how annoying it would be to the admins if they are continually bombarded by flag changing requests, I think the admins should spend their time on more valuable things.
  5. Joined
    12 Jun '05
    Moves
    03 Jan '06 21:49
    Originally posted by blindcheesecake
    Do you know how annoying it would be to the admins if they are continually bombarded by flag changing requests, I think the admins should spend their time on more valuable things.
    They wouldn't get many; what would be a legitimate reason for changing your flag?

Moving country, permanently, perhaps.

Other than that, can't really think of one.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree