Humph!

Standard memberabejnood
Site Ideas 23 Sep '04 22:43
  1. Joined
    01 Jul '04
    Moves
    23 Sep '04 22:43
    Site idea? Site idea? SITE IDEA? I have a site idea!!! Let's go ban all kids who are under age 13, the same people who will in future years pay subscibtions, who will reccommend this site, who will use this site, who enjoy this site, for absolutly no reason at all! WHILE WERE AT IT, WHY DON'T WE BAN THOSE UNDER AGE 18 TOO, BECAUSE THEY ARE NOT YET ADULTS!!!! AND TO SIMPLIFY THINGS, LETS BAN ALL THOSE UNDER AGE 21 'CAUSE THERE ARE SOME TOPICS ON DRINKING AND UNDER 21 IS TOO YOUNG! AND WHY NOT MAKE THOSE UNDER AGE 35 BE BANNED TOO, BECAUSE THEY SOMETIMES CUSS!!!!!!! IN FACT, YOU SHOULD CANCEL THE WHOLE FREAKIN SITE BECAUSE OF CHANCES OF VIRUSES, WHY DON'T YOU DO THAT???????
  2. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    23 Sep '04 22:50
    Originally posted by abejnood
    Site idea? Site idea? SITE IDEA? I have a site idea!!! Let's go ban all kids who are under age 13, the same people who will in future years pay subscibtions, who will reccommend this site, who will use this site, who enjoy this site, for absolutly no reason at all! WHILE WERE AT IT, WHY DON'T WE BAN THOSE UNDER AGE 18 TOO, BECAUSE THEY ARE NOT YET ADULTS! ...[text shortened]... HOULD CANCEL THE WHOLE FREAKIN SITE BECAUSE OF CHANCES OF VIRUSES, WHY DON'T YOU DO THAT???????
    Have you been into Ivanhoe's stash? Calm down, dude! Check out Roland Young's and my last two posts in the "Age Verification" thread for the unfortunate realities of US law and it's effect on web site operators like Russ.
  3. Standard memberRavello
    The Rude©
    who knows?
    Moves
    23 Sep '04 23:00
    Originally posted by abejnood
    Site idea? Site idea? SITE IDEA? I have a site idea!!! Let's go ban all kids who are under age 13, the same people who will in future years pay subscibtions, who will reccommend this site, who will use this site, who enjoy this site, for absolutly no reason at all! WHILE WERE AT IT, WHY DON'T WE BAN THOSE UNDER AGE 18 TOO, BECAUSE THEY ARE NOT YET ADULTS! ...[text shortened]... HOULD CANCEL THE WHOLE FREAKIN SITE BECAUSE OF CHANCES OF VIRUSES, WHY DON'T YOU DO THAT???????
    In this way we haven't to worry about the crap we post and ,more important, Russ doesn't have to worry about the crap we post.
  4. Standard memberRemora91
    btch plz.
    Moves
    23 Sep '04 23:11
    Originally posted by Ravello
    In this way we haven't to worry about the crap we post and ,more important, Russ doesn't have to worry about the crap we post.
    But what about everyone who is part of the community? And I mean, the youngest people we have that participate in the forums are 12 almost 13. So they'll be 13 in a few months. Just stop new members under 13 from joining, but don't kick us out. 🙁
  5. Standard memberRavello
    The Rude©
    who knows?
    Moves
    23 Sep '04 23:29
    Originally posted by Remora91
    But what about everyone who is part of the community? And I mean, the youngest people we have that participate in the forums are 12 almost 13. So they'll be 13 in a few months. Just stop new members under 13 from joining, but don't kick us out. 🙁
    I guess that there's some option that allows under 13 to stay here with the parental agreement.
  6. UK
    Moves
    24 Sep '04 08:531 edit
    To be honest, I think that Russ has done what he can by making everyone tick a box to show that they are over 13. This means that he is falling under the relevant laws.

Now I daresay that he, or any other site operator, doesn't really have the means to check that everyone who ticks that box *is* over 13, though, of course, if people choose to bring attention to the fact that they are minors, then I guess that he'd have no choice but to act on that information.

Please try to understand the meaning of this post.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree