1. Out there somewhere
    Moves
    23 Jan '06 17:34
    I was just trying to send a pm to a mate of mine when it came back saying that I had a banned or offensive word in the text of my message..

Now the problem is that there was no cuss words there..

So how about when we are being prevented from sending a pm by a buggy cuss detection algorithm is should at least highlight the word it identified so as to allow the user to consult the thesaurus and continue with sending his message, instead of having to abandon it after multiple failed edits, like i did..

Cheers,
  2. Donationbelgianfreak
    stitching you up
    Moves
    26 Jan '06 12:01
    Originally posted by dk3nny
    I was just trying to send a pm to a mate of mine when it came back saying that I had a banned or offensive word in the text of my message..

Now the problem is that there was no cuss words there..

So how about when we are being prevented from sending a pm by a buggy cuss detection algorithm is should at least highlight the word it identified so as to all ...[text shortened]... is message, instead of having to abandon it after multiple failed edits, like i did..

Cheers,
    There's a problem with giving out a list of banned words, in that some people will use it to identify exactly what words get past the system without being blocked.

Sometimes words contain swear words, and they can be tricky to spot. The most common one is c*ck (eg. cockney, cockeral...) although wristwatch was another that took ages to figure out. Hopefully if you scan the message the 'offending' word will become apparent.

BF
  3. Fear The Cow
    Moves
    26 Jan '06 12:03
    Originally posted by belgianfreak
    There's a problem with giving out a list of banned words, in that some people will use it to identify exactly what words get past the system without being blocked.

Sometimes words contain swear words, and they can be tricky to spot. The most common one is c*ck (eg. cockney, cockeral...) although wristwatch was another that took ages to figure out. Hopefully if you scan the message the 'offending' word will become apparent.

BF
    Wristwatch?
  4. Donationbelgianfreak
    stitching you up
    Moves
    26 Jan '06 12:071 edit
    Originally posted by Chakan
    Wristwatch?
    ...contains a particularly crude swear word - I told you it wasn't easy to see even though it's not fragmented or jumbled or anything. As with most expletives it's 4 letters long: have fun finding it.
  5. Fear The Cow
    Moves
    26 Jan '06 12:091 edit
    Originally posted by belgianfreak
    ...contains a particularly crude swear word - I told you it wasn't easy to see even though it's not fragmented or jumbled or anything. As with most expletives it's 4 letters long: have fun finding it.
    Or right fair enough... took a little bit
  6. Standard memberXanthosNZ
    Cancerous Bus Crash
    p^2.sin(phi)
    Moves
    26 Jan '06 12:20
    Next week I'll be going to Scunthorpe.
  7. Standard membercelticcountry
    Copyright ©2001-2006
    Eastbourne
    Moves
    26 Jan '06 15:14
    Originally posted by XanthosNZ
    See you next tuesday.
  8. Standard memberrhb
    Ginger Scum
    Paranoia
    Moves
    26 Jan '06 22:131 edit
    Originally posted by XanthosNZ
    😠 That's my joke you wristwatch wearer.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree