1. Account suspended
    Moves
    22 Feb '11 01:101 edit
    in the interest of fairness i think that if you list someone under your "ignore a person" list ( as i have done for four persons ) that this should disable you from replying to any post they might make as well as disable you from playing them in any game on the site as well as to receive or send private messages.

if you truly wish to have the advantage that this player whom you wish to ignore then they deserve the full consideration of not having to deal with you in any capacity.

both are invisible to each other in all things.

if not peace then at least silence.

i am thinking primarily of reply posts in the forums with this message but i bring up other occassions in my demonstration even though i know that some already are in play.
  2. Standard memberRevRSleeker
    CerebrallyChallenged
    Lyme BayChesil Beach
    Moves
    22 Feb '11 04:201 edit
    I see no need to ignore anyone based upon a setting..I have eyes and should anyone become really annoying I'd just ignore the post..I've no doubt I'm on ignore lists, goodness knows I must be lol, but my list is empty..to those I care not for will no doubt become aware, sooner or later, that they can post post post until the cows come home but no one is 'listening' 😛
    I say this only as settings achieve little but I think the OP comments have merit if any ignore list could make all the ignored invisible to one another. Is this possible ??
  3. SubscriberPonderableonline
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Moves
    22 Feb '11 07:57
    Originally posted by reinfeld
    in the interest of fairness i think that if you list someone under your "ignore a person" list ( as i have done for four persons ) that this should disable you from replying to any post they might make as well as disable you from playing them in any game on the site as well as to receive or send private messages.

if you truly wish to have the advantage t ...[text shortened]... ring up other occassions in my demonstration even though i know that some already are in play.
    In fact I don't think this to be a good suggestion.

# on froum posts. If any ignored person is prohibited from posting in a threat in which the ignorer has posted, the ignorer wields a mighty power, which is unfounded. Just because one person cjhose to ignore another (and this is ignoring if there is harrasment TOS 3c should be invoked) does not eman that everybody is of the same opinion.
    It is even imaginable that an obnoxious person is trying to do a stunt like ignoring every regular poster and posting in as many threats as possible thus closing down the forum effectively.

# on games

In tournaments at least you can't tweak the system to prevent people wjo ignore each other don't meet. It would disrupt the randomness of the process.
    And how would you deal with people who should play out a final match who are ignoring each other?
  4. THORNINYOURSIDE
    Moves
    22 Feb '11 12:48
    Originally posted by reinfeld

if you truly wish to have the advantage t ...[text shortened]... ring up other occassions in my demonstration even though i know that some already are in play.
    Thread 137653 and the gbaway script is what you are looking for. It will stop you seeing our posts in the forums.

As for playing the person you can't avoid that if they join a tournament nor if you are matched against them in a clan challenge. However if they are on your ignore list then they are unable to send you "in game" messages with one exception. When they make their last move and it is either a winning move or resignation they can send a final message which will get through.

Any person on your ignore list cannot send you PM's and that is a blessing as it means I don't get PM's from you!

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree