1. Joined
    01 Sep '11
    Moves
    10 Jul '14 19:26
    No, I'm not surreptitiously trying to turn RHP members into gamblers. Just thought it may be fun if winners of club tournaments received an imaginary cash prize determined by, say, how many people and how high their ratings are had to be beaten in order to win. As there is no real money involved top tournament winners could become quite wealthy in their dreams. Tables could periodically be listed to show who's up in the Lewis Hamilton, David Beckham type sports earnings league. As there is no real gambling involved, hopefully no one's principles would be offended. Assume prizes would have to be in dollars as this seems to be the international standard. I specifically said winners of club tournaments so that individual clubs can ask their members if they would like to take part; and presumably one person could tot up the figures occasionally with five minutes work on a calculator, or their fingers in my case.
  2. SubscriberPonderableonline
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Moves
    12 Jul '14 06:04
    Originally posted by tednochance
    No, I'm not surreptitiously trying to turn RHP members into gamblers. Just thought it may be fun if winners of club tournaments received an imaginary cash prize determined by, say, how many people and how high their ratings are had to be beaten in order to win. As there is no real money involved top tournament winners could become quite wealthy in their ...[text shortened]... up the figures occasionally with five minutes work on a calculator, or their fingers in my case.
    If you are really interested in that you can do that for your club.
    Otherwise I can't see the added value of that idea...
  3. Standard memberBigDogg
    Secret RHP coder
    on the payroll
    Moves
    12 Jul '14 06:09
    Originally posted by tednochance
    No, I'm not surreptitiously trying to turn RHP members into gamblers. Just thought it may be fun if winners of club tournaments received an imaginary cash prize determined by, say, how many people and how high their ratings are had to be beaten in order to win. As there is no real money involved top tournament winners could become quite wealthy in their ...[text shortened]... up the figures occasionally with five minutes work on a calculator, or their fingers in my case.
    Here, have an imaginary multi-million dollar jackpot.

Don't spend it all in one place.
  4. Subscriberdaniv
    Daniel
    Bucharest
    Moves
    08 Aug '14 18:07
    I would suggest extrapoints for tournament winners - calculation method could be based on rating of opponents at the match time / win time
  5. Standard memberBigDogg
    Secret RHP coder
    on the payroll
    Moves
    09 Aug '14 07:20
    Originally posted by daniv
    I would suggest extrapoints for tournament winners - calculation method could be based on rating of opponents at the match time / win time
    That defeats the purpose of ratings.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree