1. Joined
    22 Aug '05
    Moves
    14 Dec '08 20:10
    There appears to be no record of draw offers in a game. If there was this would stop people offering draws several times in the same game when they couldn't remember if they had already.
  2. Joined
    22 Aug '05
    Moves
    15 Dec '08 04:25
    I've seen in books and magazines that they have an = sign next to where the offer was made in the list of moves. Could this not be incorporated into the game history?
  3. Standard memberRaven69
    Different
    Moves
    15 Dec '08 05:16
    Yes, it would probably be especially useful for people with a huge game load, for whom it is not so easy to remember every draw offer.
  4. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    17 Dec '08 01:38
    Originally posted by Dr Strangelove
    There appears to be no record of draw offers in a game. If there was this would stop people offering draws several times in the same game when they couldn't remember if they had already.
    I like your idea. What I do so I remember, is send my opponent an in game message of my draw offer, and why it is a draw. Perpetual check for an example.

It does get irritating when opponents keep repeating the draw offer, especially when you happen to be up by a minor piece or two. 😉 ! I find then the iggy feature, comes in nice and usefull. 🙂
  5. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    17 Dec '08 05:43
    By the FIDE rule E13 a draw offer shall be marked in the protocol.

"FIDE E13: The offer of a draw shall be marked as (=)."

It would be good if the pgn of the game is marked the same way.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree