1. Standard membermosquitorespect
    Not Royalty
    Not in a palace
    Moves
    29 Aug '05 01:11
    These should be inserted at the place of the text cursor, not automatically the end of the post 😠
  2. Standard memberskeeter
    515 + 30 days
    Account suspended
    Moves
    29 Aug '05 04:47
    Originally posted by mosquitorespect
    These should be inserted at the place of the text cursor, not automatically the end of the post 😠
    Yep.😉 Just 😏 like 😏 this 😵

skeeter 😀
  3. Standard membermosquitorespect
    Not Royalty
    Not in a palace
    Moves
    29 Aug '05 06:03
    Originally posted by skeeter
    Yep.😉 Just 😏 like 😏 this 😵

skeeter 😀
    But you do see my point I hope? If you had written all the words first and then tried to insert your smileys at the relevant place it wouldn't have worked.
  4. Standard memberskeeter
    515 + 30 days
    Account suspended
    Moves
    29 Aug '05 07:16
    But you do see my point I hope? If you had written all the words first and then tried to insert your smileys at the relevant place it wouldn't have worked.
    No I do not. You "punctuate" as you write in normal correspondence and so you should still do so in this and all other electronic mediums and forumae.

skeeter
  5. Standard membermosquitorespect
    Not Royalty
    Not in a palace
    Moves
    29 Aug '05 07:511 edit
    Originally posted by skeeter
    No I do not. You "punctuate" as you write in normal correspondence and so you should still do so in this and all other electronic mediums and forumae.

skeeter
    Say it's your first ever post. You are new to the internet, but you've used a word processor. You don't even know what a smiley is. Just after you have typed your text, a friend leans over and says, "Hey, let me show you something! Click on 'Insert smiley'."...

You put a smiley in, just to see what it looks like. Then you look over your post and think, "Hmmm, that would look better halfway through, after I said 'You absolute plonker, you remind me of Bowmann'." Being a word processor user you confidently place the insertion point (get the name - spooky eh?) after the aforementioned text, and then you insert your smiley. Or so you think, but - oh no! Disaster! Catastrophe! The smiley has been put at the end of your message. You don't know what to do. Dazed and confused, you stagger through the door, the world seeming to swirl violently around your head like a shoal of deadly piranha fish. You shout and scream and wave your arms around you. Passers by stop and stare. Suddenly you feel a terrific crunching blow to the solar plexus and a lightning bolt explodes in your head. As you fall to the ground, the sickening sound of your own screams filling your mind with a terror worse than you have ever known, you somehow twist round to see who dealt you this fatal blow. The last thing you see is dusty yellow lettering on a plain black background: 37 - Isleworth Richmond Putney Clapham Junc... and then you are gone, never to move a pawn in anger again.

You should have a little more concern for the users of this site, skeeter.

P.S. 'mediums' 😕 and 'forumae' 😲 Oh dear...
  6. Standard memberskeeter
    515 + 30 days
    Account suspended
    Moves
    29 Aug '05 08:591 edit
    Say it's your first ever post. You are new to the internet, but you've used a word processor. You don't even know what a smiley is. Just after you have typed your text, a friend leans over and says, "Hey, let me show you something! Click on 'Insert smiley'."...

You put a smiley in, just to see what it looks like. Then you look over you ...[text shortened]... ncern for the users of this site, skeeter.

P.S. 'mediums' 😕 and 'forumae' 😲 Oh dear...
    What a lot of tripe and my use of "mediums" and "forumae" were correct for my purposes. The fact that it went way over your head is your problem. I enjoyed the connection.

skeeter

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree