1. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    29 Mar '16 10:24
    its all a pack mentality - they think they own the forums and sadly they do own the clan forum because not enough people are in there to say "shut it" - or change the subject to something much more interesting.
  2. Joined
    29 Nov '15
    Moves
    29 Mar '16 12:35
    Originally posted by Silverstriker
    its all a pack mentality - they think they own the forums and sadly they do own the clan forum because not enough people are in there to say "shut it" - or change the subject to something much more interesting.
    the debates forum is the worst on here, as for the clan forum do what i do leave them at it,those involved are arguing with each other they dont disrupt the whole threads like some do on here seems some threads are very short, so no hi-jack involved, unlike the general forum, two obnoxious idiots "own" it there,
    two lying twisted trolls who obviously have no real life, but to belittle any one who dares post in disagreement with them.
    the chess forum is the best plus greenpawns blogs very well put together
  3. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    31 Mar '16 00:35
    Originally posted by GHOST HUNTER
    good idea maybe just call it the dive and FMF forum that's all they do
    Ah, welcome back!
  4. Joined
    29 Jan '16
    Moves
    02 May '16 21:12
    i wish to insult you all but you are quite a stupid group and would not understand that you are being insulted.

yobs are ye be. yobs !
  5. The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    04 May '16 16:21
    Originally posted by lazy collie
    i wish to insult you all but you are quite a stupid group and would not understand that you are being insulted.

yobs are ye be. yobs !
    Sorry, all i'm hearing is that you were dropped on your head as a child.
  6. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    11 Jun '16 18:36
    Originally posted by padger
    This could be used for any theme where the posters have gone off topic and are just throwing insults at one another
    Why resort to insults in the first place?
  7. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    11 Jun '16 22:49
    Originally posted by lazy collie

yobs are ye be. yobs !
    Hi Reinfeld.
  8. Subscribermoonbus
    Über-Nerd
    Moves
    31 Jul '16 16:17
    An insults forum would make sense if it acted as a lightning rod to draw the mud slinging away from the other forums. Alas, this is not a likely outcome.
  9. Subscriberhenjutsu
    InsectRightsAdvocate
    Moves
    03 Aug '16 00:30
    If an Insult forum was added, I think one of three things could happen:

1.) The insulter and insultees cheerfully migrate over to the new forum as wished by OP
    2.) Nothing at all happens, the new forum is completely ignored or dies after few posts
    3.) Some mixture of the above

All of those possibilities seem pretty harmless. What are the downsides to adding the forum though?
  10. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    03 Aug '16 02:42
    Originally posted by Silverstriker
    Sir,
    In my opinion you have a pack mentality in pretty much all the forums. There is a group in each forum who as a rule will agree with what is said by a group member. The General forum at one time was even worst than the Clan forum is now.

I don't like all the name calling either, but sort of the way it is. Wouldn't it be up to Moderators to put a stop to this? Then how strict do you want them to go? It is sometimes hard to find where that line should be.

There doesn't seem to be set rules, and each Moderator has their own judgement/ideas and bias I might add. Not like there once was I must admit. There has been a vast improvement since the days I b!tched and moaned about it, and got my fair share of bans over it. Always room for improvement though.

The clan forums started out with goading allowed. I am sure you recall that! I see nothing wrong with that, but some took it way over the line and it got personal. I agreed when they shut the Clan Forum down a while back. All was going on was a name calling contest.

Some are in there trying to do the same thing so it will be closed again. Just to stop stats from being shown about the CHEATING GOING ON between 4 Clans. I think we all know who they are by now.

In my opinion the best forum right now that I view, is the Chess forum. Some really good stuff in there actually. Sorry this kind of turned into a rant, which I didn't mean to do.

Regards,
    -VR
  11. Here
    Moves
    03 Aug '16 10:09
    Originally posted by Very Rusty
    Sir,
    In my opinion you have a pack mentality in pretty much all the forums. There is a group in each forum who as a rule will agree with what is said by a group member. The General forum at one time was even worst than the Clan forum is now.

I don't like all the name calling either, but sort of the way it is. Wouldn't it be up to Moderators to ...[text shortened]... ere actually. Sorry this kind of turned into a rant, which I didn't mean to do.

Regards,
    -VR
    You shouldn't have mentioned the Chess Forum they will all go there now
  12. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    03 Aug '16 13:461 edit
    Originally posted by padger
    You shouldn't have mentioned the Chess Forum they will all go there now
    padger,
    I just view it, I don't actually chat in it. greenpawn34 has a blog on RHP. I don't think he would have much trouble putting a stop to anyone who tried to stir the pot in there.

Regards,
    -VR

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree