1. DISCO!
    Moves
    29 Apr '07 18:36
    Is There (or could there be) one of the RHP aliases that does not have the forum link option on the links bar for younger players?
    Also, for any option of chatting or conversing to be removed, so it is strictly chess.
    And finally, could the terms and conditions for that site allow under 13’s.

Perhaps all games being unrated until they are old enough to move over to RHP.
    (It would be favourable if all the players could do was play, even removing the option of naming games on the “open invites” page, because you just know one of the little devils is going to put a rude word in there).

Thanks for listening (reading).
  2. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    30 Apr '07 01:181 edit
    Originally posted by Woodgie
    Is There (or could there be) one of the RHP aliases that does not have the forum link option on the links bar for younger players?
    Also, for any option of chatting or conversing to be removed, so it is strictly chess.
    And finally, could the terms and conditions for that site allow under 13’s.

Perhaps all games being unrated until they are old enough to ...[text shortened]... e of the little devils is going to put a rude word in there).

Thanks for listening (reading).
    You should look into a chess by email news group. You could filter the emails for a young child and hand the moves over, and mail the moves out for the child once a move is picked. That way if anyone was sending strange messages the child wouldn't see them.

I don't see RHP doing anything like you asked. Perhaps you should try looking around for something like "kid safe chess". There must be something like this set up already someplace, rather than RHP trying to do something it's not set up to do.

P-

Here is a chess program online that doesn't talk back.

http://pine.cs.yale.edu/java/chess.html
  3. DISCO!
    Moves
    30 Apr '07 12:53
    Originally posted by Phlabibit
    You should look into a chess by email news group. You could filter the emails for a young child and hand the moves over, and mail the moves out for the child once a move is picked. That way if anyone was sending strange messages the child wouldn't see them.

I don't see RHP doing anything like you asked. Perhaps you should try looking around for somet ...[text shortened]... a chess program online that doesn't talk back.

http://pine.cs.yale.edu/java/chess.html
    Thank you for your reply.

Its a pity the family of sites here, do not cater for the younger players.
    They do a good job here and I am sure this would be reflected in other sites.
  4. Account suspended
    Moves
    01 May '07 21:55
    academic chess is a site that is kid friendly and the adult side is very
    well controlled for stupid and ugly gross posting ( a rarity on the net )..also there is a site called chesshounds which is very kid friendly.
    both are free.. academic chess has free chess instruction for children too.
  5. DISCO!
    Moves
    02 May '07 20:35
    Originally posted by reinfeld
    academic chess is a site that is kid friendly and the adult side is very
    well controlled for stupid and ugly gross posting ( a rarity on the net )..also there is a site called chesshounds which is very kid friendly.
    both are free.. academic chess has free chess instruction for children too.
    Cheers for the reply.

😉

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree