1. SubscriberKewpie
    since 1-Feb-07
    Australia
    Moves
    15 Oct '15 05:081 edit
    There are club tourney notifications. They come in batches and get deleted in batches as soon as they appear. Now we have the "you got a thumb" junk mail, which comes one piece at a time and requires more frequent attention.

Could we please be provided with a means of turning these things off? I'd much prefer if my Notifications icon only lit up when there's a real announcement.
  2. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    15 Oct '15 10:46
    Originally posted by Kewpie
    There are club tourney notifications. They come in batches and get deleted in batches as soon as they appear. Now we have the "you got a thumb" junk mail, which comes one piece at a time and requires more frequent attention.

Could we please be provided with a means of turning these things off? I'd much prefer if my Notifications icon only lit up when there's a real announcement.
    I have updated the other thread about this. Notification now only applies to public forums, and happens only at 3, 9 and 18 up votes.

Some true configurability is required, of course. Right now, it is just an experiment.
  3. hirsute rooster
    Moves
    16 Oct '15 20:01
    Originally posted by Russ
    I have updated the other thread about this. Notification now only applies to public forums, and happens only at 3, 9 and 18 up votes.

Some true configurability is required, of course. Right now, it is just an experiment.
    A really handy notification would be when someone replies to a post of yours.

It would have to have an option in settings to turn on / off.

I don't post much usually, so don't always notice when replies are made to posts I've previously left. Having a notice would allow me to ignore things properly - instead of just by default.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree