1. SubscriberWajoma
    Die Cheeseburger
    Provocation
    Moves
    23 Feb '18 13:311 edit
    The last page in any thread should be 15 posts long. That is, once a thread reaches 16 posts the first post drops off and goes to page 1, page 1 only has one post. This way you don't need to flip back to the previous page to see the 15 most recent posts in a thread.

BTW I still think allowing compulsive thumbs uppers and thumbs downers full scope for their deviancy was a good idea, but alas I was shot down by many singular thumbs downs. Think of what a service to the internet this would be, while they're busy clicking away they're fingers are occupied doing something other than making posts.
  2. Standard memberBigDogg
    Secret RHP coder
    on the payroll
    Moves
    24 Feb '18 01:31
    Originally posted by @wajoma
    The last page in any thread should be 15 posts long. That is, once a thread reaches 16 posts the first post drops off and goes to page 1, page 1 only has one post. This way you don't need to flip back to the previous page to see the 15 most recent posts in a thread.

BTW I still think allowing compulsive thumbs uppers and thumbs downers full scope for th ...[text shortened]... they're busy clicking away they're fingers are occupied doing something other than making posts.
    But then if I start on page 1, I get a mistaken impression that there's only 1 post in the thread.

Sorry, but I vote "no".
  3. Subscribermoonbus
    Über-Nerd
    Moves
    25 Feb '18 21:021 edit
    Originally posted by @wajoma
    BTW I still think allowing compulsive thumbs uppers and thumbs downers full scope for th they're busy clicking away they're fingers are occupied doing something other than making posts.
    I look at thumbs-downs this way: At least somebody read what I posted. Better thumbs down than totally ignored.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree