1. Joined
    12 Dec '06
    Moves
    30 Jan '07 06:16
    Originally posted by Dr Strangelove
    What time settings do you use - maybe you could try the lower ones?
    eg. 1 day timeout/zero timebank
    thats what ive started doing now and obviously it does help considerably but i still think that it is an issue for many players and that a (slightly) increased number of games would be beneficial to them (myself included)
  2. Joined
    03 Sep '03
    Moves
    30 Jan '07 13:01
    Originally posted by Dr Strangelove
    Q. Does it actually make any difference to subscribers however many non-subs get?

A. Nope.

Personally speaking I find 6 ample, thanks.
    Wrong. Each game adds more load to the server in terms of storage and network usage. So YES, it does make a difference. One game here and there might not be noticeable, but I would bet that increasing the limit for all non-subs would make a big difference.
  3. The Tao Temple
    Moves
    31 Jan '07 05:53
    Originally posted by tmetzler
    Wrong. Each game adds more load to the server in terms of storage and network usage. So YES, it does make a difference. One game here and there might not be noticeable, but I would bet that increasing the limit for all non-subs would make a big difference.
    Good point. It's the same argument company directors use when they award themselves a $1m pay increase: "But there are so many of you, a $100 increase for the workers would cripple the company!" 😏
  4. Joined
    22 Aug '05
    Moves
    31 Jan '07 06:242 edits
    Well you subscribers are bound to say that - but I would bet you wouldn't notice the possibly miniscule difference.

Several subscribers play the equivalent in games of 50 or 60 non-subscribers; some are playing 500 at once; they must be seriously slowing the site down then?

edit; I reiterate that I am happy with my 6. [In fact I'd be happy with 4]
  5. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    31 Jan '07 22:47
    I sincerely think a limit should be put on the Subscribers also, it is just ridiculous to have over 500 games going at once !!! My Two Cents Worth!!!
  6. The Tao Temple
    Moves
    02 Feb '07 17:00
    Originally posted by Very Rusty
    I sincerely think a limit should be put on the Subscribers also, it is just ridiculous to have over 500 games going at once !!! My Two Cents Worth!!!
    Agreed!
    When something prevents them playing for a few days, their ratings crash and you find yourself playing to save your own rating from a bruising. 😠

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree