Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Site Ideas Forum

Site Ideas Forum

1. Standard member Ravello
    The RudeĀ©
    07 Sep '05 23:32
    Recs are used in a silly way since a lot of time now and taking a look at the Recommended post forum it's a complete waste of time.
    One out of 10 posts maybe is really worth a rec,the other 9 are garbage.
    Let's eliminate recs and the recs count completely!!
  2. Standard member Aiko
    Nearing 200000...!
    08 Sep '05 00:07
    Let's not!

I like them, actually. But I would like to see the improvement (because I think it is) originally proposed by others, of a list of people in the post who actually recced a particular post.
  3. Standard member GalaxyShield
    Mr. Shield
    08 Sep '05 00:50
    Perhaps a rec moderator would help. Only allowing through recs to the posts that deserve them.
  4. Standard member UmbrageOfSnow
    All Bark, No Bite
    08 Sep '05 04:03
    Originally posted by GalaxyShield
    Perhaps a rec moderator would help. Only allowing through recs to the posts that deserve them.
    but why should a mod determine what deserves a rec

just cancel out the people that go through and rec all the posts by a particular person or in a particular thread
  5. 08 Sep '05 09:33
    Originally posted by Ravello
    Recs are used in a silly way since a lot of time now and taking a look at the Recommended post forum it's a complete waste of time.
    Gets my rec....oops!
  6. Standard member genius
    Wayward Soul
    08 Sep '05 11:32
    how about meerly getting rid of the "total rec" count under posters avatar?
  7. 08 Sep '05 12:44
    Each persons rec should be given a weighting which reduces if they give out a lot of recs. I've suggested this before.
  8. Standard member ark13
    Enola Straight
    08 Sep '05 22:17
    Rec whore!
  9. 08 Sep '05 23:15
    Perhaps you should have rec accounts - get the right to give out ten recs when you subscribe, plus 1 free rec a week after that - anything more comes out of your own recs
  10. 09 Sep '05 00:13
    Originally posted by Siskin
    Perhaps you should have rec accounts - get the right to give out ten recs when you subscribe, plus 1 free rec a week after that - anything more comes out of your own recs
    perhaps we should be able to wager recs on games. Or give recs in exchange for goods and services. Recs should become the currency of RHP
  11. 09 Sep '05 14:40
    Originally posted by Coconut
    perhaps we should be able to wager recs on games. Or give recs in exchange for goods and services. Recs should become the currency of RHP
    Could you spare me few recs for a cup of tea?
  12. Standard member pendejo
    GTX
    09 Sep '05 19:09
    I'll rec that!
  13. Standard member orfeo
    Missing 285 + 1
    11 Sep '05 22:01
    How about those who give a toss about recs continue to do so, and those who don't ignore them? Would that work for everybody?