1. SubscriberKewpie
    since 1-Feb-07
    Australia
    Moves
    23 May '09 04:431 edit
    I expressed this idea in another thread, but believe it deserves a chance for specific discussion on its own.

Should Russ have to create 1000 tournaments a month just to give everyone a chance to play, because a few clowns enrol in EVERY tournament to add to their gameload record attempts? More tournaments isn't a solution as it will just give the clowns more opportunity to slow the tournaments and clog the servers. Instead, can we have a block on your ability to enter tournaments once your gameload passes a certain level?
    *you have exceeded your maximum number of tournament games. Please complete at least 10 tournament games before trying again.*
    This could be triggered either by *total games in progress* or by *tournament games in progress*.
  2. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    23 May '09 07:26
    Originally posted by Kewpie
    I expressed this idea in another thread, but believe it deserves a chance for specific discussion on its own.

Should Russ have to create 1000 tournaments a month just to give everyone a chance to play, because a few clowns enrol in EVERY tournament to add to their gameload record attempts? More tournaments isn't a solution as it will just give the clowns m ...[text shortened]... is could be triggered either by *total games in progress* or by *tournament games in progress*.
    I'm surprised that people feel [censored]'s behaviour is a big problem. If people want to have a gameload of 2000+ games, than it's their problem. If they cannot handle this amount of games, then they have a problem, not us. Some can, some cannot.

A big problem with tournaments is about the sand-baggers. *This* is a big problem!
    When this problem is solved, then we can deal with lesser problems.

That's my opinion...
  3. Joined
    07 Jun '05
    Moves
    23 May '09 09:22
    Originally posted by Kewpie

Should Russ have to create 1000 tournaments a month just to give everyone a chance to play, because a few clowns enrol in EVERY tournament to add to their gameload record attempts? More tournaments isn't a solution as it will just give the clowns m ...[text shortened]... is could be triggered either by *total games in progress* or by *tournament games in progress*.
    How about tying it to open skulls?

"You have 50 games in progress, but 27 games in which your opponent can claim a timeout. Please move in those games before trying again. If you feel you are losing, you may also resign those games."

That way those who handle the high gameload can enter as much as they want, and those with skulls exposed cannot.
  4. Joined
    07 Mar '09
    Moves
    23 May '09 18:02
    Originally posted by gezza

"You have 50 games in progress, but 27 games in which your opponent can claim a timeout. Please move in those games before trying again. If you feel you are losing, you may also resign those games."

That way those who handle the high gameload can enter as much as they want, and those with skulls exposed cannot.
    Actually the suggestion I have made addresses this - If you don't have any outstanding skulls you can easily turn off your flag to enter another tournament and increase your load to whatever point you think you can handle - if you are not able to handle that load then you certainly won't be able to turn off the flag to enter more tourneys. No need to check any skulls, the existing framework already handles that so all that is required is the simple change: no tournament entry while flying the flag.
  5. Subscribercoquette
    Already mated
    Omaha, Nebraska, USA
    Moves
    23 May '09 18:31
    I guess we need a "Clowns" ranking ? ? ?
  6. Standard membersbacat
    Eddie's Dad
    Raving Mad
    Moves
    23 May '09 19:11
    Originally posted by gezza

Actually, I like this the best so far and it answers the question posted elsewhere about going away for a fortnight. If you are in a situation where you COULD be timed out, whether you're protected by a vacation flag or not, you cannot enter a new game or tournament.

Who objects to that? If you have a single skull showing (or would be showing) the only impediment to your play is you cannot start or join another game.

Gezza, I like it!
  7. Standard memberFleabitten
    Love thy bobblehead
    Moves
    23 May '09 20:50
    Originally posted by coquette
    I guess we need a "Clowns" ranking ? ? ?
    1. Pennywise

2. Bozo

3. The opera clown from that Seinfeld episode

4. The sad clown pictured in all of those velvet paintings

5. Max Something-or-Other, the clown prince of baseball
  8. SubscriberKewpie
    since 1-Feb-07
    Australia
    Moves
    24 May '09 00:00
    There are plenty of clowns on this site, but they don't need to be discussed in this thread. Go start your own. 🙁
  9. Joined
    07 Jun '05
    Moves
    24 May '09 09:04
    Originally posted by sbacat
    Actually, I like this the best so far and it answers the question posted elsewhere about going away for a fortnight. If you are in a situation where you [b]COULD be timed out, whether you're protected by a vacation flag or not, you cannot enter a new game or tournament.

Who objects to that? If you have a single skull showing (or would be showing) the only impediment to your play is you cannot start or join another game.

Gezza, I like it![/b]
    Thanks sbacat

Clearly based on your idea, but I think this is the most elegant fix to this particular problem.

If no-one objects, say by Monday evening, I will send feedback with the suggestion, and linking to the threads.

If there are problems, or better ideas, let's get them aired first.

Cheers,
    Gezza
  10. SubscriberKewpie
    since 1-Feb-07
    Australia
    Moves
    24 May '09 09:48
    I think you have the best solution here. Rec'd.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree