1. Joined
    06 Oct '02
    Moves
    12 May '06 00:07
    I think there should be lower prices to become a sub. I think it's a little too expensive. Plus... if the price is lower more people might become a subscriber!

What does everyone else think?
  2. Earth Prime
    Moves
    12 May '06 02:13
    nah. It's not about the price for me.
  3. B is for bye bye
    Moves
    12 May '06 02:54
    Originally posted by topgun49
    I think there should be lower prices to become a sub. I think it's a little too expensive. Plus... if the price is lower more people might become a subscriber!

What does everyone else think?
    Lots of subscribers already. I don't think the price is an issue, it is well worth the money. If you want the quality service it is worth the price.
  4. Joined
    25 Apr '06
    Moves
    12 May '06 04:511 edit
    Price may not be an issue for people from countries with strong economies, but certainly it may be a really big issue for people in other countries.
    As an example, 30 dollars is aproximately 10% of the official minimum monthly salary in my country. But a lot of people don't even get the minimum. In other countries they make even less.
    Just look at the number of subscibers by country, and you will see that the price is a determinant factor.
  5. Standard memberSmiffy
    SPS CLAN
    Wales
    Moves
    12 May '06 09:05
    lol price its cheap enough mate for a years entertainment well worth its money...
  6. Standard memberRedmike
    Godless Commie
    Glasgow
    Moves
    12 May '06 09:28
    Originally posted by Estebandido
    Price may not be an issue for people from countries with strong economies, but certainly it may be a really big issue for people in other countries.
    As an example, 30 dollars is aproximately 10% of the official minimum monthly salary in my country. But a lot of people don't even get the minimum. In other countries they make even less.
    Just look at the number of subscibers by country, and you will see that the price is a determinant factor.
    I think that is a fair point, but there's no practical way the site could offer different subs rates to people from different countries.
  7. This is embarrasking
    Moves
    12 May '06 10:03
    Originally posted by Redmike
    I think that is a fair point, but there's no practical way the site could offer different subs rates to people from different countries.
    Which gives me an idea. RHP bartering. Like ebay almost. Forty coconuts equals a year script. I see your coconuts and raise you a Baby Koala.The posibilities are endless.

Just a thought. And I only want 3% of the take and a lifetime subscription for the idea. 😀
  8. Joined
    25 Apr '06
    Moves
    12 May '06 17:45
    Originally posted by Redmike
    I agree. Implementation of differentiated rates wouldn't be practical, and there would be a lot of cheating going on.
    After all, it is not RHP problem. I'm just making a point to when people says that 30 dollars is not much.
  9. Swansea
    Moves
    12 May '06 18:071 edit
    Originally posted by Estebandido
    I agree. Implementation of differentiated rates wouldn't be practical, and there would be a lot of cheating going on.
    After all, it is not RHP problem. I'm just making a point to when people says that 30 dollars is not much.
    I see your point if you are in a low earning country that it could be hard to pay the subscription fee for the site. £17 here in the UK would be laughed at if you said it was loads of money and you couldnt afford £17 to join the site for the year, so maybe you have a case for free subscriptions in the lower earning countries. On the registration form there could be section where you could put in what your average earnings are for that country and a country of residence section on the form? Maybe that could help?
  10. Joined
    10 Nov '05
    Moves
    12 May '06 18:19
    Originally posted by expressiveoutburst
    I see your point if you are in a low earning country that it could be hard to pay the subscription fee for the site. £17 here in the UK would be laughed at if you said it was loads of money and you couldnt afford £17 to join the site for the year, so maybe you have a case for free subscriptions in the lower earning countries. On the registration f ...[text shortened]... ings are for that country and a country of residence section on the form? Maybe that could help?
    If so then can I resubscribe and say I come from Zimbabwe please? Average earnings, 3 pence per month.
  11. Joined
    10 Nov '05
    Moves
    12 May '06 18:22
    Originally posted by ElleEffSeee
    If so then can I resubscribe and say I come from Zimbabwe please? Average earnings, 3 pence per month.
    Actually could you discriminate using IP address? Those from poorer countries get lower rates?
  12. London
    Moves
    12 May '06 19:48
    Originally posted by expressiveoutburst
    I see your point if you are in a low earning country that it could be hard to pay the subscription fee for the site. £17 here in the UK would be laughed at if you said it was loads of money and you couldnt afford £17 to join the site for the year, so maybe you have a case for free subscriptions in the lower earning countries. On the registration f ...[text shortened]... ings are for that country and a country of residence section on the form? Maybe that could help?
    Oh no, because you wouldn't pretend you were a peasant in Bangladesh earning a bowl of rice/week.
  13. Swansea
    Moves
    12 May '06 19:56
    Im sure there could be some way to actually tell where the people were from so that tramps cant make it up, especially as you have to pay with a card and the card has to be registered to your address so therefore you cant really be from Bangladesh if your card is registered in the UK 😛
  14. Joined
    10 Nov '05
    Moves
    12 May '06 21:43
    Did either of you two read my two posts or am I on your ignore list? 😞
  15. Standard memberAiko
    Nearing 250000...!
    Moves
    12 May '06 21:48
    Originally posted by ElleEffSeee
    Actually could you discriminate using IP address? Those from poorer countries get lower rates?
    One can change IP addresses. At least for some fora to know the country of origin. I don't know how, I know it can quite easily.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree