1. Ontario, Canada
    Moves
    30 Nov '08 17:50
    One major beef I have with the clan pages is that there is a link to the Private Clan Forum, however, you never know if someone has posted recently in it (unless you click on it). It would be really nice if you could display the latest threads right on the clan homepage rather than having to click on the link for Private Clan Forum to find out if there's anything new.

Just a very easy idea to implement that would vastly improve usability on the clan pages.

Ray
  2. Standard memberrandolph
    the walrus
    an English garden
    Moves
    30 Nov '08 22:50
    Originally posted by rmajoran
    One major beef I have with the clan pages is that there is a link to the Private Clan Forum, however, you never know if someone has posted recently in it (unless you click on it). It would be really nice if you could display the latest threads right on the clan homepage rather than having to click on the link for Private Clan Forum to find out if there's a ...[text shortened]... ust a very easy idea to implement that would vastly improve usability on the clan pages.

Ray
    You can't just go to "My Private Forums" and look at all of your clan forums in the same place along with the date of the last post?
  3. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    01 Dec '08 15:561 edit
    Originally posted by randolph
    You can't just go to "My Private Forums" and look at all of your clan forums in the same place along with the date of the last post?
    Exactly, Forums-My Private Forums.

Doesn't show the post, but does show the date and times.

P-

http://www.timeforchess.com/board/indexprivate.php
    http://www.redhotpawn.com/board/indexprivate.php
    http://www.chessatwork.com/board/indexprivate.php

etc.
  4. Ontario, Canada
    Moves
    09 Dec '08 00:49
    Right, and I'm just saying, "one more cool usability thing" would be to show the most recent posts on the actual clan homepage. I'm not denying that there's other ways to get to it.

Ray
  5. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    12 Dec '08 14:09
    Originally posted by rmajoran
    One major beef I have with the clan pages is that there is a link to the Private Clan Forum, however, you never know if someone has posted recently in it (unless you click on it). It would be really nice if you could display the latest threads right on the clan homepage rather than having to click on the link for Private Clan Forum to find out if there's a ...[text shortened]... ust a very easy idea to implement that would vastly improve usability on the clan pages.

Ray
    And what if someone is viewing the page who is not a member of said clan? Do they get to see the clan forum threads too?

/badidea

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree