1. Joined
    17 Apr '07
    Moves
    03 Dec '13 02:11
    Silly thing maybe - but might be cool to have the option to make conditional moves (and/or comments) public.....

There are a couple of possible reasons:

1 - Teaching
    - if people are playing a uneven game (potentially a non rated game) - more experienced player could give pointers at certain points.

2 - Egotistical
    - if you have an 8 move checkmate planned it would be a way of celebrating it...

I guess 1 reason against 2 is that confident players may try to force unreasonable checkmates - but often that is what happens in real games....
  2. Standard memberSwissGambit
    Caninus Interruptus
    Moves
    03 Dec '13 02:35
    Originally posted by cherneycoshka
    Silly thing maybe - but might be cool to have the option to make conditional moves (and/or comments) public.....

1 - Teaching
    - if people are playing a uneven game (potentially a non rated game) - more experienced player could give pointers at certain points.

2 - Egotistical
    - if you have an 8 move che ...[text shortened]... yers may try to force unreasonable checkmates - but often that is what happens in real games....
    I don't want people to know my conditions. The two things you want can be done via in-game message.
  3. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    03 Dec '13 15:12
    Yeah, i was going to say it would be good for teaching but without the comments to go wtih the moves are pretty pointless.
  4. SubscriberPonderable
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Moves
    03 Dec '13 17:08
    Originally posted by cherneycoshka

1 - Teaching

2 - Egotistical
    - if you have an 8 move che ...[text shortened]... yers may try to force unreasonable checkmates - but often that is what happens in real games....
    The way you suggest is done on a different site. You can then only use "forced moves".
    I like here that I can put my "cheapos" into conditionals.